• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Pixar Cars Diecast Custom Challenge

The Rules:
    The contest will run from July 1st 2012 until Dec 31st 2012
    Prizes will be awarded in Jan 2013
    You can submit as many customs as you want, but you must choose Experienced or Beginner Category to participate in; the more you enter, the more your name is entered in the hat

What:
    We have some great experienced customizers on the board as well as some new ones.
    This is a contest to show us all what you got!

Category 1: Experienced Customizer (You know if you are one or not)
    Submission Options:
    1. Custom Pitty
    2. Custom Hauler
    3. Custom Cars1 or Cars2 racer

Category 2: Beginner Customizer
    Submission Options:
    1. Custom Lightning McQueen
    2. Custom Cars2 Racer

How to submit your custom:
    Post a minimum of 4 photos of your custom; Front, Side, Back and Top and tell us a little bit about it (name, inspiration, how long it took you)

Prizes:
    1st prize for both Experienced and Beginner Category: A customizer gift set consisting of ink jet decal paper/application brushes/chrome foil/magic model putty/ and a set of rare Factory Lightning McQueen decals. You will also be know for ever as the first ever winner of the PCD custom challenge!!!

Any questions, let me know
    Conrad

good idea! I must try this out - beginner category for me.

Comment

ooooooo i want in on n this one..... i been saying i wanted to try it and this will motivate me to get on this

Comment

Great contest idea... is there a pre-beginner category? While I have several customs, they've all been made by others...

Maybe I can try... I've turned Cars into Christmas ornaments... that's about the extent of it.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Hi my name is Rusty Shackleford, and I'm a beginner!

Comment

GotFrank I have you down in the Super Customizer Category; I hear you will be doing some clinics and tutorials?
            Cac1959; submit what you got! We may have random prizes for submissions

Comment

Naw darn, you've seen through my clever disguise.

Comment

I've only done one custom (and made a hash of the decals)

What category do I fit into?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                  I've only done one custom (and made a hash of the decals)

What category do I fit into?
                  Well it was a lenticular so it doesn't count....just kidding

And Josh sign me up for a customizing clinic! I need that.

Comment

ok so is there any rules? also how do we get picked into the catagories? ive made a few model cars when i was a kid but im the kind of person that really gets into my work. im already making out my drawings for my lmq.
                    also you said the more we make the more our names go in the hat so does that mean that its more of a raffle or is it a competition on creativity and custom work? please let me know as i am going out this weekend to start to get my supplies and materials to start my projects.

Comment

I saw some supplies at Hobby Lobby today... I am going to give it a try... Once I figure out the proper size drill bit I need to drill out the rivets I'll be ready to start...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                        I saw some supplies at Hobby Lobby today... I am going to give it a try... Once I figure out the proper size drill bit I need to drill out the rivets I'll be ready to start...
                        The drill bit needs to be the same size as the rivet head. These differ on the size of the car you're customising. Remember to use a metal drill bit, wood and masonry bits don't work so well. Also remember to ensure your drill isn't set to hammer...!

Comment

The 1st annual Custom Challenge has started!
                          It will run until Dec 31st 2012 and we will start judging and awarding prizes in Jan 2013
                          The Rules:
                          You can submit as many customs as you want, but you must choose Experienced or Beginner Category to participate in (this lets us know how to judge your work- it would not be fair to compare a newbie to someone who had been making customs for years)
                          Beginner Customizers will be judged by the community. We all have 1 vote per submission category per submission and you cannot vote for yourself.
                          Voting does not happen until Jan 2013
                          Experienced Customizers will be judged by myself and a special guest (I take bribes lol)

What:
                          We have some great experienced customizers on the board as well as some new ones.
                          This is a contest to show us all what you got!

Category 1: Experienced Customizer (You know if you are one or not)
                          Submission Options:
                          1. Custom Pitty
                          2. Custom Hauler
                          3. Custom Cars1 or Cars2 racer
                          4. Diorama
                          5. Radiator Springs Character

Category 2: Beginner Customizer
                          Submission Options:
                          1. Custom Lightning McQueen
                          2. Custom Cars2 Racer
                          3. Diorama
                          4. Cars 1 Radiator Springs Character
                          5. Hauler
                          6. Pitty

How to submit your custom:
                          Post a minimum of 4 photos of your custom; Front, Side, Back and Top and tell us a little bit about it (name, inspiration, how long it took you)

Prizes:
                          1st prize for both Experienced and Beginner Category: A customizer gift set consisting of ink jet decal paper/application brushes/chrome foil/magic model putty/ and a set of rare Factory Lightning McQueen decals. You will also be know for ever as the first ever winner of the PCD custom challenge!!!
                          Prizes will also be awarded for: Most unique, Most creative, Best use of decals, Why didn't I think of that and PixarCarsDiecast inspired
                          Last edited by cvc1968; 07-03-2012, 03:58 AM.

Comment

so if i consider myself a beginner i cant do a hauler or a pitty? i already got some of my supplies for this and even drew out my sketches. so far i have 4 entries thought out

Comment

modified the entry categories:
                              Beginners can now submit custom haulers and pitty's

Comment

Working...
                              X