Thread: Rod Torque Redline

Administrator and PCD Super Guesser cac1959's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rod Torque Redline

I mentioned something a couple of days ago about Rod Torque Redline in the 2012 case D being different than other Rod Torque Redline diecasts; someone asked if I could show photos... Here you go:

The Lane Mates (short card) Rod Torque Redline is definitely a different shade/class of paint - it almost looks matte as opposed to glossy.

Notice anything else different? Probably not in this photo... Just that the color/finish of the paint is different.

But you should be able to see it in this photo showing the Lane Mate, single, and Damaged Rod Torque Redline:

I have the TRU 5 pack somewhere but can't easily get to it tonight.

I'll try to open the lane mate tomorrow and take more photos... I like Rod Torque Redline... but I've been partial to blue for quite a while.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Cars-a-holic!
    Thanks for taking the time to show the difference, I wasnt aware of this until the other day when it was mentioned.

Once we get round to opening our Rods, ill try and take notice of any differences in paint

Last year when these cars were released, you could tell a difference between the regular numbered single which was glossy and the short card which had a matte finish. I bought the glossy one. Didn't make much sense to have a glossy damaged Rod and a flat undamaged one.

Neat. Is TRU 5-pack Rod same as Lane Mate Rod?