Kmart Cars Collector Event Store Experience: 6/16/12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kmart Cars Collector Event Store Experience: 6/16/12

Please post your Kmart Cars Collector Event #8 store experiences in this thread.

The event starts at 9 am local time in the US (it will be 2 pm in the UK when it starts in the Eastern time zone) on Saturday June 16, 2012... I'm posting the thread early so I can post updates from the stores I visit tomorrow.

Wishing all my fellow Cars-a-holics good luck and happy hunting tomorrow at the event.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

good luck on your quest, i have a friend on the site trying to score 2 sets for myself

Comment

Originally posted by jonj View Post
      good luck on your quest, i have a friend on the site trying to score 2 sets for myself
      That's funny, I have a friend in the UK who I'm scoring 2 sets for... crazy coincidence my friend

I will be off to KM at approximately 8:35 tomorrow morning, wish me luck! I am going to try and get the in-store poster this year also, I hope that works out.

Comment

Good luck guys!! Happy hunting

Comment

Have loads and loads of fun my US friends!

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
            That's funny, I have a friend in the UK who I'm scoring 2 sets for... crazy coincidence my friend

I will be off to KM at approximately 8:35 tomorrow morning, wish me luck! I am going to try and get the in-store poster this year also, I hope that works out.
            believe me im wishing you luck my friend

Comment

Kday

Walked into my store about 8:50 and a guy was handing out fliers and tickets at the door. I didn't get either but headed to toys and saw the empty table there. There was another family of 5 but that was all. About 9 he came back to the table with 1 master....he opened the master but only 3 inner cases!!! Luckily he mentioned something about the family only getting 1 ticket when they came in the store. Needless to say, with only them and me, there was no need for me to get a ticket or him call any number. Come to find out, they only wanted one of each new release so I was able to get all I wanted and we each got a poster.

And how was your day?

Comment

I hate Kmart. First one I went to had pegged the cases yesterday, all were gone but McQueen and Francesco. Hauled butt to another store and got there at 9:05. They gave out tickets, but then called them out in order so my kids ended up with no Celine. I hate Kmart.

Comment

I'll have to add photos later. I've been to 5 Kmart stores so far and have bought 161 Cars. I just need a few more Chase Celine.

Store 1: just me. Bought 87 of 96 Cars. Got store poster and a few posters from master Carton.
                  Store 2: was told they did not participate. Went to toys and saw nothing new. Walking out found opened cases and bought 38 more Cars.
                  Store 3: bought 12. No Chase and only 3 Acer.
                  Store 4: bought 18. Got 7 more Acer and 7 more Chase
                  Store 5: bought 6. 2 more Chase and 3 more Acer.

There are 2 more Kmarts close. 1 appears to have an eBay person. I've never scored there. I've never been to the other for Kmart day but did score crew chief two packs once. I'll give it a try before heading home.

Not sure we will see Kmart 9 based on what I've seen today.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

My K Mart, which last event had 5 Masters, this time got one, and no posters announcing the event were even in the window… 5 people showed before 9, me, husband/wife, dad/son….Assist Manager saw 4 people, handed each one of us a case, did not follow any game plan….turns out the others were one family, supposedly from Houston, and the one dude bought all three cases when they got to checkout….refused to leave one CAR behind when I stopped him and asked if he was buying all three,since I was buying for myself and BMW…..another family showed at 9:15 with a special little boy…dad chased down the dude into the parking lot and offered him what ever he wanted for just one CAR for his special 5 year old boy who was crying….no deal, dude said he was headed for other KMARTs because he needed more CARS. I know the family, so I will try to help after helping BMW. Went back and talked to Assist MGR who apologized profusely, if she had know they were all one family, or that another family had traveled from across the boarder, she would have tried to do something different to make sure everyone would have gotten something.

BMW and I have been unable to score the extra CELINES (2), ACER WITH TORCH (2) and SHUs that we had hoped to get so if anyone can get extras to help, please do and let BMW or myself know
                    THANKS
                    Outlawbak

Comment

Outlawbak - let me see what I can do. Still on the road.

Chris

Comment

CHRIS, BMW needs to talk to you right away and does not have your number on her new phone. She asked me to ask you to call her right away by posting here
                        Outlawbak

Comment

Just got back... drove 250 miles today... I am worn out.

And Outlawbak - I have what you and BMW need... I'm glad I could help you out.

Every store I stopped at received one master carton... 4 cases of 24... had the case of 24 had 3 of each of the 8 Cars that would have been a wonderful case assortmnet... Unfortunately, thanks to Mattel, there will be left over McQueen, Francesco, Raoul, and Jeff on the pegs or shelves for quite a while.

Nothing new at any of the other stores I stopped at - the TRU did have the cube and I saw Victor and Chase Ramone but left them... Nothing new at the 1 Walmart or 1 Target store I stopped at... and the Meijer store I stopped at was out of gasoline (petrol) at the gas station... I coasted to another gas station 3 miles away on fumes...

Thanks to all who posted about their store experience today... I will add photos later.

Chris

Comment

My wife was able to grab 15 this morning, the KMart had 9 people and looked like everything was taken. My brother was able to pick up a full case @ 9:30. He slid into a 2nd one to check and only found McQueens. I am headed to New Orleans for a vacation with the wife and play on hitting a few next weekend. I will scout it out and report back.

Comment

whilst i'm a bit disappointed we don't get anything like this in the UK, i think the stress of trying to get the cars would be too much for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X