X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw them in saw today

Got to say they where not that great, and not a patch on the 1:55 cars

Comment

Thank you for posting the photo, Rippers! I think I do prefer the 1:55 scale version of the Cars, but then I prefer the 1:55 scale to the 1:43 scale on almost all Pixar Cars...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

This give me the feeling that we might see a box set that contains all 12 !
        Pictures always makes wonder and after seeing this i will just skip these cars.

Thanks for the picture.

1:55 scale here i come...

Comment

Definitely skipping these. Is it bad that I like the backdoor 1:55 scale more than these, the actual real ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
            Definitely skipping these. Is it bad that I like the backdoor 1:55 scale more than these, the actual real ones?
            no,not at all,i think the majority of us are thinking the same way

Comment

i think it just reflects that we're so desperate for new cars that even fake ones will do at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Rippers View Post
                Saw them in saw today

Got to say they where not that great, and not a patch on the 1:55 cars
                Seeing them all boxed together like that also makes me wonder whether they could do the whole set later on.

Also underneath those in the double packs i spot a mcqueen and shu double pack? what happened to rip? im guessing they are still trying to get rid of the old mcqueens.

Comment

Thanks for the pics but yes, I'll leave these... though shocked to see the first single is already sold out online! Must be the union jack and the timing with the olympics. 6 golds for GB today, great day

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/disney-...00012+1000208/

Comment

After opening the "Team GB Lightning McQueen" (aka DS 1:43 UK Lightning McQueen) I can confirm that I won't be buying any more...

The car "rattles quite a bit" and the detailing isn't that great - there are a few paint bubbles on the bonnet and also some of the decals aren't on quite right. My first (and potentially last DS 1:43 car)

Pictures are below:

Saying this, my son loves the car and the timing of it was great given I needed to get him a present from my trip to the Olympics and most of the toy stuff there looks like complete "tat".

Even though I'm not too pleased with the car itself, a happy son makes for a happy Daddy...

The 1:55 versions that Peter McQueen has do look much better quality...

Comment

Thanks for the report on the DS Car, MrB... I like the bottom of it - listing where it came from is a nice touch.

My experience has been that the DS Cars may be nice to look at but the don't hold up well if played with... but as you said, a happy son makes for a happy Daddy... and scoring 1496 points last week in the Fantasy Racing League doesn't hurt either.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                      X