No announcement yet.

The race begins on July 30th, 12 New LM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice letter from Disney Guest Relations, MrBrownstone... hopefully they can help you out... I'm anxious to find out what these Cars are - if they're not the same as the country Cars that have been on eBay I may have to have one of my UK friends help me out... I'm anxious to see what they look like.

And I've found that being polite and courteous to an employee in person, by letter, or on the phone achieves better results than ranting and raving.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Anyone had any luck?

Comment

you can buy these online now, they appear to be 1.43 scale not 1.55

Comment

Here's the link to the disneystore.co.uk for the first car, Great Britain LMQ. Looks pretty cool for those of you in the U.K.! http://www.disneystore.co.uk/disney-...49275/1321504/

Comment

wow. these mcQueens are cool. I do not collect disney cars, but I will consider seriously for these McQueen.
            A question, are they only available in UK Disney Store, or they will be US Disney Store too ?

Comment

so they appear to be exactly the same designs as the alleged fake ones on ebay just the bigger ds scale - all very odd

i'll have a look at them when i'm in cardiff on wednesday and see if i think it's worth getting one (therefore committing myself to another eleven, probably via the ds website so with extra postage)

Comment

Nice find - you've posted that before I've even had chance to look myself.

I'm not sure I'll get these as they're 1:43 scale and Ł8 each (1:55's are Ł4.50) plus postage

I do like the designs so may have to look on eBay for some of the 1:55 scale cars...

If they were in my local DS then I'd maybe get them with not having anything to buy in ages, but probably not with the postage...

George - I've not heard that they're a UK exclusive, but haven't heard that they'll be released elsewhere either...

Comment

Very nice looking... At 1:43 scale and Ł8 each I won't go for a complete set but might get one of them... in the packaging, they will be a challenge to display carded, as opposed to the current Disney Store Cars that come in the display box.

I thought I read somewhere that they'd also be available at some of the Disney Stores in Europe.

Thanks for the updates.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

The details on these cars are mesmerizing. So far they look a few notch better than the 1:55 scale cars.
                    I hope it will end up in a box set. Buy 1 box set and you get 12 cars.

Comment

the only difference i can see apart from the scale and rims are the eye positions.the decals are identical to the recent ebay ones.
                      i'm thinking now that mattel are indeed in the process of doing these cars for themselves.
                      DS are only releasing 12 cars yet we have seen 14 of the backdoor versions.why would another 2 be designed and not released by the DS?
                      i'm going to hold off on buying these as i think that there's more to these cars than we know/speculate.

Comment

thanks MrBrownstone.

There are another red Turkey mcQueen 1:55 in fact. I got it today. and there is no Germany McQueen in 1:55 scale. I heard that there is an Africa country mcqueen before.
                        Last edited by lovemini; 07-30-2012, 03:26 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Maybe the 1:55 McQueens will be what we get in the U.S. Like at Disneyland or Disney World?

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Personally won't be buying any of these, why can they not just sell some new cars rather than McQueens & Maters in 80 different styles, A bit bored of all the same cars being released in different colurs, different sizes etc... especially when they are dearer, surely if they are the same size & just a paint change they should be cheaper?

No interest in this style, would be much more interested in a new type of car, even the Toys R Us by me (Coventry) has not had a delivery of cars since earlier in the year (Jan-Feb), they had boxes of Finns, Maters & McQueens that no-one wanted, why would they want to get more of the same in????

But each to their own & i'm happy for those of you who are continuing to collect them that there is a new varient.

Comment

Probably give these a miss as I dont like the designs too much, I'll be collecting the Radiator Springs Classic range instead.

Comment

For those curious about the first car in it's packaging...

Comment

Working...
                                X