X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A set of these would be nice but pretty sure they are not in the budget :-(

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Don't you think it's a bit ironic, how DS steals Mattel's design of the fake flag McQueen's on Ebay?

Comment

It looks like is the other way...
        How people steal DS's design and pumping out the 1:55 scale car

Comment

The link now shows all the cars... and they have the 1:55 Mattel cars pictured! Yet in the store they are selling 1:43 which look different.

This is just getting weird now!

Comment

i have ordered from disneystore.co.uk so once the item arrives i will provide pictures, i also went to my local disney store and as rippers said, they are selling the larger scale models.

Comment

It is indeed strange... thanks for the update, jonj... we look forward to seeing pictures.

it still would not surprise me to see a Mattel version of these Cars in a 1:55 scale in the future - Disney Store may have gotten first release in the contract... time will tell.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

i saw them in the cardiff disney store yesterday (and today!) though didn't buy one as i'd already ordered online

they only had about half a dozen out yesterday then half that today plus a display case with all twelve designs on the counter

i must admit i wasn't immediately sold on them, either the car or the packaging, but i will see what they are like in hand before deciding whethre to get them all

Comment

Were you able to take a picture of the display case, yuffie? That would be great to see.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                    Were you able to take a picture of the display case, yuffie? That would be great to see.
                    sorry i wasn't - yesterday i was trying to watch a small child and today had the same one on my shoulders!

Comment

There's no way I'm getting these.....

...oh wait - what's that in my bag...???!!!

I have the UK one for my son - they were selling them at the Disney Store in Stratford Westfield Center next to the Olympic Park when I went passed today and as I need to take him a present home (all of the olympic toy stuff is either overpriced or utter tat) so caved in and got him this one - Ill tell him it's Team GB LMQ!!!

I'll open it on Saturday (when I see him next) then take pictures of it opened and post them here

Cars-a-holicism - 1, Self Control - 0

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                        There's no way I'm getting these.....

...oh wait - what's that in my bag...???!!!

I have the UK one for my son - they were selling them at the Disney Store in Stratford Westfield Center next to the Olympic Park when I went passed today and as I need to take him a present home (all of the olympic toy stuff is either overpriced or utter tat) so caved in and got him this one - Ill tell him it's Team GB LMQ!!!

I'll open it on Saturday (when I see him next) then take pictures of it opened and post them here

Cars-a-holicism - 1, Self Control - 0
                        As it should be, MrBrownstone...

Comment

When i ordered the air mater set on disney website i was tempted to add the mcqueen to the basket. After looking at it for a bit i deceided to give it a miss for time being. Im just not sure its worth the £8.00 price.

I spoke to our local disney store this week and asked about the range of cars items they have, I was told all they have is the mattel cars and then its only finn/mater/mcqueen. They carried on to say how they arent receiving any new cars items and havent for a while now. Seems odd that everything is going on disney website rather then being sent round the stores, Could disney be cutting down on the numbers of items they are producing to compensate for all the items they've had to reduce so far? Time will tell i guess regarding the stores stock issues but i just hope disney dont go more online, I prefer being able to go into a store and browsing the items before splashing out cash on them.

Comment

Very interesting, carscrazy... I agree that the £8.00 price seems high - the normal price of "boxed" singles at US Disney Stores (and on the website) is $6.50... by my thinking, all items are higher over seas than they should be... I know you may have increased shipping costs to other countries from where they are imported to in North America, but I think that prices are too high.

As far as not sending as many items to stores and offering more of them online is concerned, I see advantages and disadvantages of doing that... there are times I have to (want to) see something in person before buying it - a picture may not show enough detail... I would not buy a guitar online - I want to play it, to see how it feels as I play it and hear it... Basic Cars purchases - I'm OK buying those online, although some prefer to see several in person and choose the best one... but stores have gotten burned on having too much old stock due to the over-saturation of the original Cars2 merchandise (and it's happened with Cars items as well)... so if a retailer orders less they have reduced costs (even though unit price is probably higher)... if they don't ship as many to the stores they've reduced costs.

Comment

I can see the method behind sticking more online and i dont blame them if they get more sales that way. My only concern is that more is ending up on ebay eg on the moon mater/private eye mater are good examples of this. Also the new air mater sets have already started being listed. I think numbers for online orders should be limited per customer as i know one seller on ebay had 4 on the moon mater sets and they listed them at double the price.
                              I just think more people are going to miss out on items if it sticks to online sales We couldnt purchase the two previous sets due to our situation at the time and they have since sold out. I think if more stores had the stock then we'd still have hope of finding a set as we have two stores close enough to us.

I guess we're have to wait and see how it goes but if the last couple new items are anything to go by then its not looking promising for the stores range

Comment

they might go on sale to guys , think about that one, and i think i will be buying these. im not big on DS ones but since we have the mattel ones, it would be cool to get the DS ones to .

Comment

Working...
                                X