Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
    they wernt priced and the assistant didnt know the price , what a shower.....
    Sure, you don't like TRU, but that's a bit harsh. We've all had bad experiences there.

I was in a hurry and the assistant was busy with a number of customers at the time. He offered to find out the price but being in a hurry offered a guess based on the prices of other similar items. I wasn't buying, so it wasn't a big deal for me. I imagined that the prices he guessed were in line with what I thought they may be.

There was only one peg and it looked like they'd only just been put out so whoever put them out may have been called away to help customers? It was very busy; 1400 Saturday afternoon.

If someone was shelf/peg stacking and got called away to help customers, but refused as they hadn't finished putting a price ticket out, that wouldn't be very good would it?

The good news is that they are here for those who want to collect them!!!!

Comment

• Picked up Todd, Denise and Alexander today in Asda!

Comment

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
        Picked up Todd, Denise and Alexander today in Asda!
        Great find, BirchTiger! Congratulations!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• awesome find birchtiger,it's really good to know that not only the Disney store is having this case.

Comment

• dont buy your defence of tru...if it was that busy ...what are they doing filling up counters on a busy sat afternoon...surely that time should be devoted to customer service....
            as for tru being a shower, they are..from the buyers down...
            Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
            Sure, you don't like TRU, but that's a bit harsh. We've all had bad experiences there.

I was in a hurry and the assistant was busy with a number of customers at the time. He offered to find out the price but being in a hurry offered a guess based on the prices of other similar items. I wasn't buying, so it wasn't a big deal for me. I imagined that the prices he guessed were in line with what I thought they may be.

There was only one peg and it looked like they'd only just been put out so whoever put them out may have been called away to help customers? It was very busy; 1400 Saturday afternoon.

If someone was shelf/peg stacking and got called away to help customers, but refused as they hadn't finished putting a price ticket out, that wouldn't be very good would it?

The good news is that they are here for those who want to collect them!!!!

Comment

• Thanks guys, it was actually the missus that found them! Can't wait to give the little man Todd and Alexander Hugo, he's going to love them!

Comment

• Great score! And super good news new cases en-route. I checked Asda at lunch today but to no avail. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

dont buy your defence of tru...if it was that busy ...what are they doing filling up counters on a busy sat afternoon...surely that time should be devoted to customer service....
                  as for tru being a shower, they are..from the buyers down...
                  Isn't it better to fill the pegs rather than leave the stuff in the stockroom? I've asked TRU to staff to look out the back on many occasions and they've come back with stuff that should've been on the pegs in the first place. Although I wasn't going to buy the RS 500s it would good that the full case (of 12?) were on display!

I certainly wasn't defending TRU as a company. In my experience most of the time the staff are unhelpful, look like they wish they weren't there etc. However, on this occasion, I actually found a (young) employee, who was rushed off his feet, trying to help a number of customers (and appeared to be enthusiastic in doing so). I thought this rare event should be reported as it's the exception that proves the rule! There is a law of averages that says there must be good employees at TRU and I found one!

How long will I have to go before finding another helpful employee at TRU? Answers on the back of an empty blister pack!!!!

Comment

• fair enough then... was in tescos , not ours I may add and I found a full box of case H clip strips on the top shelf, had a look round to tell a member of staff/management to get them out, but no one was about.
                    I could have sworn that they were there the last time I was there and that was about 3 weeks ago!

Comment

• Found jungle miles, grem with laser cam and towin eoin in sainsburys today (I picked up all three but found the Ł30 outlay quite depressing!). The missus also phoned me to tell me she had found them in our Tesco (Ł12ea) but the grem had gone.

Comment

• found 500and half diecasts in tru 7.99, a lot bigger than I thought
                        found planes 2 diecasts in tesco, 7.00 , these wernt on file and the supervisor wouldnt sell them, inspite of there being an sel, well antrim tescos your customer service at the till and supervisory level wasnt the best,

i,ll wait and get them in ours

Comment

found 500and half diecasts in tru 7.99, a lot bigger than I thought
                          found planes 2 diecasts in tesco, 7.00 , these wernt on file and the supervisor wouldnt sell them, inspite of there being an sel, well antrim tescos your customer service at the till and supervisory level wasnt the best,

i,ll wait and get them in ours

Sainsburys had the same problem (nationwide) when the first 2014 Deluxe case 'accidentally found' its way to the shops back in February. Sainsburys weren't able to sell them as they hadn't been supplied with the necessary information from Mattel, who, when I spoke to them at the time, were supposedly unaware that the Deluxe had actually gone out to UK shops!

I gather that their distribution in the UK wasn't originally planned, but as the first batch (of the first 2014 Deluxe case) sold out quickly, that 'inspired' Mattel to make them fully available in the UK. Excepting Mattel's usual peg/shelf-warming case assortment policy, most of the Deluxe have sold out, even in spite of their prices! It's a shame that Mattel UK didn't accidentally distribute 2014 Double Packs in the UK too! Mattel UK certainly missed a trick there!

P.S. I found a Todd Pizza Planet Truck in Wilkinsons today. Odd tough it may be, it was the only car on display! It's not been a good Cars hunting ground for me previously, so it's nice to break my duck there, especially as it'll be the nearest one to me after an office move in September.

Comment

• Nice find on the new Deluxe, BirchTiger... Nice find on Todd, niftynigel!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• found d ream in tescos today, quite a surprise as in spite a nice refit there had been no new cars for about 2 months.....we live in hope
                              also spotted acer with phones, but some sprog and his ma beat me to it!

Comment

• I'm pleased to report that I found a Todd, Denise Beam and an Alexander Hugo at a Sainsburys near work today. This store in spite of it's size has been very productive for new Cars for us over the last two and a half years. I'll miss this little Cars goldmine when I move offices in September!

With the news on T5AD that there will be 93 singles on themed cards again in 2015, I'm not sure we will be collecting them all again next year. There may well be 75-80 odd repeats. I can't see us stopping collecting altogether, maybe just concentrating on the 'new' issues and a few favourite repeats?

Comment

Working...
                                X