No announcement yet.

V.A.R.I.A.N.T. - Vehicles Are Really Identical Although Not Totally Francesco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V.A.R.I.A.N.T. - Vehicles Are Really Identical Although Not Totally Francesco

here you go guys,the next article on Francesco.

V.A.R.I.A.N.T. - Vehicles Are Really Identical Although Not Totally.

Francesco Bernoulli

Hi all and welcome to the next article in the series.
    These articles aims are to visually document the differences in Mattel's designs and manufacturing in all the 1.55 scale models available in their line of diecasts from Disney Pixar's film CARS 2.

This is going to be a continuously updated feature as time goes on as the vast library of cars continues to grow and only officially released cars will be recognised and any backdoor,counterfeit or fake cars will not be included.

The only other exclusion from these articles will be the Lights and sounds lineup which will be represented in a feature of their own.

Most notably is the fact that this is going to be the ultimate checklist for the completist collectors among us who will find it an indispensible document and reference.
    Labelled as the "Fastest racecar in the World" , Francesco Bernoulli.

Cars 2 brought with it a new Racing league and also another arch rival for our hero Lightning Mcqueen.Shaped as an open-wheeled formula car,he is undoubtedly the ultimate contender for the World Grand Prix title.

His model mostly consists of mainly plastic parts placed in position before the riveting process which makes him a very light vehicle compared to other castings,and there is also an additional screw on the rear underneath of the car to hold his rear spoiler in place.

Sadly with poor distribution, Francesco along with a few others have been so over-manufactured that it has had a huge negative impact on the Cars collecting world,with so many people now turning away after feeling so frustrated on the lack of diversity and uneven distribution.

Future variations of Francesco will probably include the inevitable "Ka Ciao Lightning" stickered version which will probably end up in a movie moments twin pack or if we're really lucky we may get him as a chase single with cocktail glass ,either way he is very limited as to what can be achieved with him.

Most of Francesco's variations happen underneath the car due to the manufacturing process and materials used in different factories.The 2 Factories in production of Francesco have the codes EAA and AZ which are found immediately after the date stamp on the underside of the car.Earlier versions of him have the date code underneath the rear spoiler.

It seems that the EAA factory always uses a silver screw in assembly and the AZ factory uses a black screw in their manufacturing,this is the only uniform variation.
    There is also differences in the coloration of the rear suspension arms,some green,some black.
    In these pics I refer to the "plinths" under the car,these are the 2 raised platforms in which the manufacturer's codes and copyrights are moulded on the base which can be seen in the following comparison picture.

"Speed,I am Triple speed" here comes Francesco Bernoulli.

1.Francesco Bernoulli (White base,black screw,red tail light,small plinth,black rear suspension arms) - Found in Carrefour exclusive movie moments.

2.Francesco Bernoulli (White base,black screw,white tail light,large plinth,green rear suspension arms) - Found in Kmart exclusive movie moments.

3.Francesco Bernoulli (White base,silver screw,red tail light,small plinth,black rear suspension arms) - Found in early 2011 singles,movie moments,etc.

4.Francesco Bernoulli (White base,silver screw,white tail light,large plinth,green rear suspension arms) - Found in early 2012 straight cut cards.

5.Francesco Bernoulli (White base,silver screw,red tail light,large plinth,black rear suspension arms) - Found in late 2011 movie moments.

6.Francesco Bernoulli with Rubber tyres - Kmart Day 7 exclusive.

7.Francesco Bernoulli with Silver deco - Kmart Day 8 exclusive.

8.Francesco Bernoulli with Silver decals - Collect and connect puzzle no.4

9.Francesco Bernoulli with Metallic finish - TRU exclusive.

10.Francesco Bernoulli (black base) - 2012 Single cards(straight-edged)

In conclusion although Francesco's role in the movie is quite significant,he certainly is nowhere near the strength of character that Chick Hicks provided as Lightning Mcqueen's racing adversary from the first movie,and as far as the highlights of castings,the stand out ones are inevitably the exclusive versions of him with the metallic TRU version in my eyes topping the list.
    What the future brings for our Italian superstar remains yet to be seen,and understandably the case, given the thousands of cards still in circulation from the original release of the film and will be for some time yet,and with the release of the new cards for 2013 already being found it's obvious that Mattel's marketing still has him on their production lists.

A big thank you goes to all who have provided information and pictures to this article and others in the series without their constant contribution and permission,this article would not be possible.
    Also if you think you may have a variation that is'nt listed then post pictures of your finds so that they be evaluated first before being added to the list.

So stay tuned for forthcoming updates and the next V.A.R.I.A.N.T. in our series which covers the most lovable and laughable character of all Mater.
    See ya Later Mater

as before all comments,suggestions,corrections are most welcome
    Last edited by djjd21; 02-19-2013, 04:47 PM.

Hope you all like

Comment

Have the TRU Metallic, Kmart Silver and rubber tired versions. Have him as a single, plastic from a playset, some silver accents from the collect and connect puzzle, and some other loose ones. Never thought 2 years ago I would have som many Francescos. Because he was overpacked in the first few 2013 caes, he is starting to warm the pegs everywhere near like Finn still is.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Great article, Jason... great photos... I think I have most of those, including both the US and International versions of the TRU Metallic Francesco... I was super excited to obtain the Carrefour version of the Kmart crew chief 4 pack.

For those of you wanting the Collect and Connect Puzzle version, it's available on the Mattel website (it's puzzle #4).

There was also an exclusive Charge Ups Francesco that came in the Target exclusive Charge Ups race track... it was fast... and light... Francesco spun around, collided head-on with McQueen... and Francesco hasn't run since... and even though the cardback says Cars and not Cars2, the Francesco single on the 2013 cardback is a huge pegwarmer... I mean it's ready for you to buy it at stores almost everywhere!

Again, thank you for a great feature, djjd21!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

very nicele done

My son only has 2 Francesco. Regular release (white base, that's all I ever noticed lol) and collect and connect.

I'm kinda curious as to what this "plinth" thing is....soem say large and some say small, but I have no idea what I'm looking at

Transformers for Trade
          Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
            very nicele done

My son only has 2 Francesco. Regular release (white base, that's all I ever noticed lol) and collect and connect.

I'm kinda curious as to what this "plinth" thing is....soem say large and some say small, but I have no idea what I'm looking at
            With reference to your question,here's a better pic showing the size comparison of the "plinths"(I should put this as plural,as there are 2),they are the 2 raised parts of the base moulding,where it has the copyrights etc.
            Hope this makes it clearer for you.

Comment

thank you very much djjd21. Now that you point it out...it's very obvious LOL

Transformers for Trade
              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Great djjd21....

I've only got 2 Francesco's - the standard one and the rubber tyre version...

Comment

Working...
                X