No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2014 Finds - Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a Full Case Y in Asda tonight, hope they keep the price at £4 for a while longer.

Comment

• For those after a Frank - £25 on Amazon

Comment

• As soon as the current Alfredo deluxe case stocks are exhausted, the first 2015 deluxe case will hit the stores in the UK. This may happen before Christmas!?

Comment

• Nigel, would this be the 'Frank' case?

Comment

• The information I was given would suggest that is the case (if you pardon the pun)!

The latest case (989A?) has just landed at ASDA. This is a case of repeats. There is another Mama Bernoulli and Sally with Tattoo in it. The full contents are ...

CARLA VELOSO (with Flames) - 1
            RACE TEAM SARGE (with Headset) - 1
            SALLY (with Tattoo) - 1
            NIGEL GEARSLEY - 1
            TODD 'PIZZA PLANET' TRUCK - 1
            ALEXANDER HUGO (with Party Hat) - 1
            WINGO (with Flames) - 2
            MAX SCHNELL - 1
            DOC HUDSON - 1
            LIGHTNING McQUEEN No. 95 - 2
            TUBBS PACER - 1
            DJ (with Flames) - 1
            MATER - 2
            MARLON 'CLUTCHES' McKAY - 1
            SNOT ROD (with Flames) - 1
            WGP LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels) - 2
            HYDRAULIC RAMONE - 1
            FIBER FUEL No. 56 - 1
            NO STALL No. 123 - 1
            MAMA BERNOULLI - 1

Comment

• Hi Im in the uk and im trying to find lightning mcqueen decals for my car as an attraction for my country pub. I have a ford probe and have seen it done but not sure where to find the items i need. Can any one help??

Comment

• The latest case at ASDA is 995B. This has also appeared at Toymaster too.

What happened to 995A?

Mattel aren't very good at this alphabet thingy!

Comment

• That new case is disappointing, hopefully there is a 995A and it appears elsewhere very soon

Comment

• whats with all this black friday stuff over here? these greedy retailers seem to jumping on this like never before, at this rate were going to be the next flammin 51st or what ever state in the goddam us of flammin a
                    (no offence lads)

Comment

• Originally posted by foxrfc View Post
                      That new case is disappointing, hopefully there is a 995A and it appears elsewhere very soon
                      I guess that means that the final 2014 case will be 995C?

It's possible that 995A was the 'gap' that represented the non-existent Super Chase 'twin' of the 998Y case?

They have missed out three consecutive case numbers in 2014 for this very reason.

That said, they've also missed a few other letters of the alphabet too, so we can't let them off the hook altogether.

As both the 998W and 998Y case has come and gone at ASDA (and TRU/Smyths) and ASDA (and Wilko) respectively coupled to the fact that Toymaster are getting the 995B case, does this mean that there are no more 998W and 998Y cases?

Given the number of 998U (Louie Larue) cases that were at Sainsburys and Tesco, it's possible that Mattel over-ordered that case possibly making 998W/Y very rare? That's a poor show by Mattel if True!?

Alternatively, there could still be 998W and 998Y cases allocated to the other supermarkets (or even in their warehouses until such a time that older stocks have sold out).

All the S and T in my area are crammed full of the remains of the U case.

Comment

• I keep seeing new w cases at TRU (the mama case) so if anyone is struggling to find her let me know.

Comment

• Ah, we can only dream boogity! I am loving the upscale of Halloween and all the other great things the US brings to us like Black Friday etc. As long as we don't start celebrating Independence Day too, that would be a little weird! Hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                            whats with all this black friday stuff over here? these greedy retailers seem to jumping on this like never before, at this rate were going to be the next flammin 51st or what ever state in the goddam us of flammin a
                            (no offence lads)
                            Rodger, that's grossly unfair!

Many people complain about rip-off Britain so it's great to (occasionally) have a day (or days) when there are bargains to be had.

Although I don't personally go out of my way to buy things on Black Friday (or any other sales for that matter), I say well done and good luck to everyone who got a genuine bargain today!

The UK's economy is now largely based on retailing and banking. If people don't spend their hard-earned money in a reckless fashion, that's got to be good for the economy and all of us benefit some way or another!

It's got to be better spending their money and getting something directly in return rather than being taxed to the hilt like we are in the UK!?

Comment

• Disney Stores have also been getting the 998Y assortment.

The version of The King has the name Strip Weathers on the back of the card. In all other respects it is the same as the earlier releases of The King.

Strip Weathers has been found at both Disney Stores and Wilko (formerly Wilkinsons).

He is not due to be repeated again in 2014 so if anyone wants that variant of The King / Strip Weathers, Disney and Wilko are the current places to find him.

If anyone else finds this variant or any of the latest cases (998W, 998Y and 995B) please post on here for the benefit of other collectors!

Comment

• no nige, I dont think it is, we,re rapidly becoming the 51st state
                                at midnight the q in our tescos was the whole way down the shop, down the mall and out to the bottle bank, now that is a long distance in anyones book, couldnt tell you what they were selling as I well tucked up in my scratcher!

cars finds in the past few days....nought...so much for black friday, in fact the only decent black friday is that song of the same name by steely dan from back in the day
                                Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                                Rodger, that's grossly unfair!

Many people complain about rip-off Britain so it's great to (occasionally) have a day (or days) when there are bargains to be had.

Although I don't personally go out of my way to buy things on Black Friday (or any other sales for that matter), I say well done and good luck to everyone who got a genuine bargain today!

The UK's economy is now largely based on retailing and banking. If people don't spend their hard-earned money in a reckless fashion, that's got to be good for the economy and all of us benefit some way or another!

It's got to be better spending their money and getting something directly in return rather than being taxed to the hilt like we are in the UK!?

Comment

Working...
                                X