Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many other Cars collectors have you met in person?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have met 9 other collectors at various times at places like kmart days when they were still having them

but have never met anyone off pcd in person

I'm not aware of anyone on here in my area

Comment

I meet up with forum member StuartW once a month to buy /trade /swap cars. We live in roughly the same area and arranged to meet for the first time about a year ago in a TRU car park . We still meet there regularly and I have many cool additions to my collection thanks to Stuart - and PCD of course for putting us in touch!

Comment

I'm sorry to say that I too have not met with anyone who are on the two sites I am a member (here and T5AD). I am always wanting to go to the area hotwheels, toy fair type shows and perhaps meet people in my area but never have the time. Oneday! I'm in St. Louis, Mo. and if anyone is ever gonna be in the area feel free. Oh, on T5AD I am cateyez15 I have only recently started trading and that has put me in contact with a lot of great folks here in the states and overseas. Trading has been one of those, "why did I not do this sooner?" head banger experiences.
        May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Great pic of you guys

sadly I can't say that I have met any fellow collectors in person although I'd very much like to visit a few people on here who have helped me over the years and thank them in person.maybe one day I will venture out of my cave here in south west wales,when they invent the wheel and fire and so forth

Comment

I had the opportunity to meet Raginpage (Brent) last Saturday, November 29... he and his family were returning to West Virginia from Nebraska... we were going to meet in Richmond but a couple of hours before I learned I needed to take my wife's parents back to southern Indiana... we were able to meet at a Flying J Truck Stop at the New Castle Indiana exit... we timed it pretty well... I arrived from the east about 1 minute before he arrived from the west:

(Left to right: cac1959, Raginpage)

Thanks for meeting up, Raginpage... sorry we didn't have more time.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

the only person i,ve met and he will be familiar to the oldies on site is ru5ty, we live about 10 doors apart in the same street, but of course we didnt know that until doing a bit of detective work on pcd!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                the only person i,ve met and he will be familiar to the oldies on site is ru5ty, we live about 10 doors apart in the same street, but of course we didnt know that until doing a bit of detective work on pcd!
                I remember ru5ty, boogity... 10 doors down is pretty close.

I know other members have met others... I'd like to meet more of the people I've traded with over the years.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
                  Never...none...nobody!
                  Looks like you can update your post, Scavenger!

Today (June 27, 2015) I had the opportunity to meet up with Scavenger and his family as they passed through town on a family trip...

(Left to right: cac1959, Son of Scavenger, Scavenger)

If only GOMATERGO, GOGRANTGO, and GOADAMGO would have been available to meet as well.

I appreciate everything Scavenger does for the Cars community, and the PCD and other customs he has made for me (and others).

Special thanks to Scavenger's wife and children for taking the time to meet for lunch today.

I've now met 13 other collectors in person.

Comment

People I have seen in public

Deano
                    Got frank
                    Tyler from Vegas.
                    Met from take5....ha ha
                    Al-v
                    Rpag....Rick
                    2 people from take5 at sdcc same time I saw met.one was Kevin nascar5
                    Nicotine from fb
                    Few others from ctt when I went to the disney cars show in Vegas,don't remeber there names
                    Julie's up in Canada
                    Peter in Canada
                    Those last two don't do cars no more.
                    I have talk with Peter in beglium on skype and jam Thomas on the phone in au.and a bd seller in China we won't name but the old timers know who I'm thalking about.
                    Jayp in Vegas .hee took good pics

I'm sure there r few others just can't remeber them.
                    Last edited by musicnywu1; 06-29-2015, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Chris is collecting collectors!

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                        Chris is collecting collectors!
                        And if my Civic were running GotFrank I'd head up to collect you! Or at least come visit.

Comment

Ha ha josh

Just to let all know .met was at 2010 sdcc with me deano alv
                          and few take 5 people
                          That was no jk.the dude knows his stuff in cars .thats for sure

Comment

Vegas09 1.jpg
                            Vegas a few years ago.

Comment

I see the back of Tyler's (Eleete1's) head. And Deano looks like he's about to pounce on the camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X