Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooman is ready to fall off the list.

Comment

I made a bunch of updates today and removed a lot of items that have been re-released. Some others, like Choke Cables I pulled out as well even though the original cardback still is hard to find - but the re-release last year of him added so many more out there that I can't call it rare anymore. Same thing with Frank the Combine.

Comment

You might want to remove Dash Boardman from the Exclusive part. He was re-released as a single in 2015. Unless it is different than the original?
        Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

done - thx!

Comment

Ivan was released as a 2014 deluxe in "Lemons".

Comment

Coriander Widetrack was recently released in a Target Exclusive 7-car pack in 2013.

Comment

Number 19 on the very rare list

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
                Current as of 1/14/16. I have limited the list to include the Diecast 1:55 scale, some larger rarities like the D23 Mcqueen, and some Playset. Items are grouped into categories below (i.e. very rare, medium-rare, etc). The number next to the item does not matter - therefore #7 on the list is NOT necessarily more rare than #21. I value your input but please understand that there are differences of opinion at times and some may not agree with everything on the list.

Very Rare
                1) Speedway of the South Set (only 1000 made)
                2) 2006 Factory Sealed Set (only 500 made)
                3) Snot Rod w/confetti (approx less than 100 made)
                4) Tokyo Mater w/oil stains
                5) 3 Showstoppers (Laverne, Rhonda, Sheila)
                6) Bubba
                7) Bessie (had a re-release in 2015 but the original cardback is still rare)
                8) D23 chrome McQueen (only 250 made)
                9) Vertical 3 pack Sparemint
                10) Supercharged Flea and Flik US Card (English only)
                11) Supercharged Rusty and Dusty US Card (English only)
                12) Super Chase Australia (Frosty)
                13) Super Chase Mexico (Memo Rojas)
                14) Super Chase Russia (Vitaly)
                15) UK Disney Store "Country Flag" McQueen (only 500 made)
                16) El Materdor
                17) Taia Decotura
                18) Taco Truck Mater
                19) Rollin Bowlin Mater - Character Pack [with teal Mater/Rollin' Bowlin' Mater, Sheriff, Sally, purple Ramone, Doc Hudson, Wingo]
                20) Rip Clutchgoneski launcher
                21) PopeMobile International Card
                22) French promo Gask-its
                23) Motorama (authentic with goodie bag given out at Pixar picnic)
                24) JL Surf Truck (given out by John Lassetire to Pixar Crew on Cars 2 Movie)
                25) D23 Convoy Brothers Set (only ~1300 produced)
                26) D23 Albert Hinckley

Medium Rare
                1) All 3 Luigi / Guido with paint rollers cards (US, International, and Canadian/Singapore)
                2) Dirt Track Doc Hudson vertical 3 pack
                3) Horizontal 3 pack Sparemint
                4) 3 Cousins (Jud, Buford, Cletus)
                5) Mia/Tia 1:18 - 5000
                6) Race Damaged Mood Springs
                7) Sally w/Cone on short ROR card
                8) Snow Day Sally storytellers
                9) Meet at Flo's set
                10) Flo's V8 Cafe (first printing - original set)
                11) Horizontal 3 pack Nitroade Crew - US version
                12) Lightning Storm McQueen from SDCC
                13) Suds Mater from SDCC
                14) Van with Sticker on rear Nice Butte
                15) Supercharged Rusty and Dusty (Greek Card)
                16) Supercharged Flea and Flik US Card (Greek Card)
                17) Brian Parks
                18) Derek Decal Dobbs
                19 Swift alternator
                20) Prince Wheeliam
                21) Blu-Ray Finn McMissile (must have Top Secret bag and box from D23 expo as the car itself was re-released)
                22) Blu-Ray Mcqueen with brown envelope original packaging
                23) John Lassetire
                24) Fred Fisbowski
                25) Black Mack Hauler
                26) Chuy
                27) Tyler Gremlin/Professor Z Walmart Exclusive 2 pack
                28) Bumper Save Hauler (Target exclusive)
                29) Character Pack [with Sarge, Fillmore, original Lightning McQueen, King, Chick, Lizzie] [classic]
                30) Cruise Night [with Mater, Sheriff, Doc Hudson, Sally, purple Ramone, red Cruisin' McQueen] [Supercharged]
                31) Speedway 6 [with Dinoco McQueen, Chick, King, Ferrari F430, Nitroade, RPM #64] [Supercharged]
                32) Dinoco 400 - 8 piece set
                33) Radiator Springs Gift Pack - 5 piece set [Supercharged]
                34) 10 Car Value Pack
                35) Metallic Frosty (released in Australia only)
                36) Super Chase Trike Feldman
                37) Super Chase Luigi/Guido Fans
                38) Super Chase Yukio
                39) Super Chase Hiroaki
                40) Super Chase Takeshi
                41) Super Chase Sweden (Flash)
                42) Super Chase China (Long Ge)
                43) Super Chase Carateka
                44) All other SuperChase cars released (about 5 per year)

Exclusives- (these are cars released only in a set at retailers but never as a single. None of these have been re-released to date so rarity is there once the set disappears from stores. I removed a bunch from this list on 3/17/15 since many items that were once a set exclusive have now been re-released as singles.)
                1) Murphy
                2) Charlie Cargo
                3) Frank Pinkerton
                4) Santa Car in 3-pack Mater Saves Christmas set
                5) Tim Rimmer (non lenty)
                6) Professor Z Web (aka Noodle Z)

Items With Only ONE Ever Made (these are cars not included in the rarity lists above since one was only ever made of each and you will never own it and it's really no different than just having a custom car done.
                1) McQueen 'The ONE'
                2) Vinyl McQueen Hauler (only one prototype ever made that was boxed - was sold on ebay in Feb 2015)
                3) Walmart Hauler (another prototype of only one ever made - font of writing was rejected by Walmart - sold on ebay Mar 2015)
                I have a mint condition boxed set , number 19 on your very rare list, how rare is it? I know to have the Rowlin bowlin mater in teal was quite odd in the boxed set as he only appeared in the flashback sequence. I'd love to know how many were made

Comment

Rollin' Bowlin' Mater never appeared in the film. The flashback scene featured "Brand New Mater". Rollin' Bowlin' was only made for the play-set. And the 2006 Factory Sealed set. On a singles cardback. The Factory Sealed set was a production run of 500. As for how many Rollin' Bowlin' Mater play-sets were made. I don't think anyone in the collector's community actually knows. And also a boxed set sold at B.J.'s Warehouse. Additionally there were a few unauthorized carded ones that were sold out of China. And possibly a few loose ones as well.

The last two completed Ebay sales for the playset. Were around $30 and $40 shipped FWIW.
                  Last edited by GotFrank; 06-12-2016, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying, I now see I have the 'new' mater along with Sally, doc, sheriff, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by S pavitt View Post
                      Thank you for clarifying, I now see I have the 'new' mater along with Sally, doc, sheriff, etc.
                      Sorry but I laughed out loud there lol[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

Rollin' Bowlin' Mater:

Brand New Mater:

If you have this set from BJ's Warehouse. It is rather rare:

I'd say there were probably more of the play-sets made:
                        Last edited by GotFrank; 06-14-2016, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Hello. I am new here, I am from Spain, it is a real pleasure for me to join you here. I am boxed collector but I have also a lot of loose cars. I have a lot of models but I was wonder how much would be ypur idea for the 6 cars exclusive sets shown in the prevkous pictures ( 6 pack rollin bowling Mater and the other 6 cars exclusive). I have also TRU Santa Car pack, Tabinu Toons, haulers, story tellers, sarge boot camp pack, and some others, I really like cars but it is expensive in Europe, in Spain we do not have many special items to be honest so O have to look for them on amazon, ebay and so on. Best regards for all of you.

Comment

Recent sales were around $55 - $60 USD. For the Character Pack:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pixar...cAAOSw9etXQLHC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-PIXAR...IAAOSwepJXaxfM

Comment

Thank you very much Got Frank, another question please, I have just bougth king desert card but without its name on the blister, this is rare? All the king cars I have seen online are with name. It is just to know if I have another treasure or not.
                              And how much could be king convey brothers? All that i found are more than 450 usd...i would like to buy them but this is so much money...

Comment

Originally posted by dgc View Post
                                Thank you very much Got Frank, another question please, I have just bougth king desert card but without its name on the blister, this is rare? All the king cars I have seen online are with name. It is just to know if I have another treasure or not.
                                And how much could be king convey brothers? All that i found are more than 450 usd...i would like to buy them but this is so much money...

Here pictures, regards
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X