NASCAR Truck Series at New Hampshire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR Truck Series at New Hampshire

Hello everyone - just wanted to share some fun news with you. As you may know, I am a huge fan of NASCAR racing (that is the original reason I went to see CARS in the first place so many years ago) and it is a dream of mine to work in the motorsport industry in some way after I graduate college. This weekend, I have a great opportunity at the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH. I will be working for a small team called Clay Greenfield Motorsports. Clay Greenfield is an owner-driver from Tennessee who I met through Twitter about two years ago just because I was a fan of his. Since then we have been in contact and become friends with one another, and I assist him in the search for sponsorship for his small team by locating potential sponsors. Also, when Clay has a meeting with a potential sponsor, I design a paint scheme for a race truck with that company's branding on it so that Clay can display to the company what the potential truck would look like.

I have never had a chance to meet Clay in person before just due to distance, but this weekend he is entered in the Truck Series race at New Hampshire. I will be traveling up to assist the team in any way I can, primarily taking charge of tweeting race updates from Clay's Twitter account (which has over 10K followers) as the PR representative for CGM. I'll also be hosting some sponsor guests and showing them around the garage area before the race. As you might be able to tell I am extremely excited about this and I wanted to share it with everyone here at PCD because this community has been very supportive and a pleasure to be a part of for the last few years.

You can watch the race on Fox Sports 1 starting at 1 pm Eastern this Saturday, September 26 or follow along with my updates at www.twitter.com/@claygreenfield

should be a great weekend for you bumper save, i,m sure everyone at pcd will be routing for your man, will check the twitter site over the weekend
    good luck and hope everything goes well
    wonder if clay is called after that great swiss/eyetie and ex ferrari driver clay reggazonni, cos he was "the man"

can you take a disney mcq and bumper save with you for some pics!!!

Comment

Awesome news, Bumper Save! I may have to get a Twitter account - I don't have one.

It's great to hear that you've helped with designing paint schemes for his truck.

It would be great to see pictures of McQueen and Bumper Save at the track if you can make it happen.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thank you Chris and Boogity! Would be great to be able to take them to the track but all my cars are on the shelf at home, and I am heading up straight from college. I do have a beat up old Neon McQueen in my dorm so I'll take him along, hopefully I have a chance to get a pic for you guys. Thanks for your support!

Comment

I made it back from my trip last night. Drove nearly 1,000 miles this weekend. I brought along Heavily Damaged Neon McQueen and he was in my backpack all day at the race. And I still managed to forget to take a picture. But here are some other pictures from Saturday:

He started 21st and finished 19th out of 32, which is pretty good considering we only had 3 over-the-wall crew members of our own. We had a Jackman, tire carrier and changer. Our gasman was on loan from another team when they weren't using him - and we had to come in, change front tires, go back out, come in and change rears in order not to lose a lap under caution. We almost had to make one green flag pit stop but fortunately John Wes Townley "John Wrecks Weekly" did his wreck for the day and brought out a caution just in time, since we would have lost many laps doing a green flag stop with just 3 or 4 guys. Clay did finish 5 laps down, but he was racing on the same lap as #1-Kvapil, #63-Ogata and #94-Hill all day long and finished ahead of Hill on our lap. Here are the official race results: http://www.jayski.com/cts/next/2015/...015results.pdf

I had a great time and it was overall an amazing experience! I also found Ice Racer Rip Clutchgoneski at a Walmart on the way. Thanks for your support guys
          Last edited by Bumper Save; 09-28-2015, 10:45 PM.

Comment

well that was a big weekend, pretty beezer too, checked the results, wasnt expecting too see the cash winnings
            when is your next race? looks much better than boring F1

Comment

Thank you for sharing your NASCAR truck series experience with us, Bumper Save... That's a great picture with you and Clay.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks guys - Clay's next race is Talladega on 10/24 but I cannot go to that one as it is down in Alabama, my next race is hopefully Martinsville, Virginia the weekend of 10/31 but those plans aren't finalized yet. I think that would be my final one of the season. Much more exciting than F1 boogity

Comment

cripes i,d give my eye teeth to go to talladega and martinsville...maybe one day

Comment

some day boog. worth it for sure. got the chance to go to Talladega earlier this season in the spring, did not want to leave

Comment

Working...
                    X