What did you think of Cars 3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of Cars 3?

Now that Cars 3 is officially out in theaters, I wanted to start a thread where we can all share our opinions on the movie. I know for several countries the movie is not out yet. For example, I don't believe the UK gets it until July 14, which is surprisingly late. This thread will contain spoilers for the movie, so if you don't want to be spoiled, please click off.

I personally really enjoyed the movie. I don't think it was quite as good as Cars 1 though. It felt a little rushed to me. Strangely, Van and Minny did not appear even though they were released in a Cars 3 2-pack. Also, Chick Hicks never had a headset in the movie, which contradicts the die-cast. Brent Mustangburger was also supposed to appear. Here's the link to his Cars 3 version on Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/lt3g7ul

Overall, it was awesome! I'm very excited for more die-casts.

Here is my full video review on the movie without spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_WmM-lS02I
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

My son had a major meltdown yesterday, so I'm flipping between missing it and taking my daughter who has said she doesn't want to see it.

decisions decisions. I'll eventually see it.

Comment

My wife and I took our 4 year old grandson to see Cars 3 Thursday night... it was his first time in a theater - he did very well.

I'm going to see it a little later this weekend with my grandson Austin, who got me hooked on Cars back in 2006 when he was only 4 years old.

I liked Cars a lot... I liked Cars 3 as much as I liked Cars...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

On holiday in Florida just now so took my 4 year old to see the movie. He loved it and asked to watch it again before the end credits had finished ! Quite enjoyed it myself so I have no problem taking him to see it again.

Comment

Really glad I got to see it in the theater with my whole family. I liked it a lot, it got back to the feel of the original film. Better than Cars 2 IMO, but the original is still tops for me. If you get a chance go check it out. TRACTORS!!!!

Comment

We went to see it again yesterday afternoon... I planned on taking just Austin, but Liam (4 year old) wanted to go to so he and my wife also went... all 4 of us.

The last movie I saw more than once in a theater? Star Wars back in 1977.

I think I will now wait until it comes out on Blu-Ray to see it again.

I remembered to ask about the collector pins yesterday but was told they were only for the 3D version of the movie.

Much better than Cars 2... I think I still like it as well as Cars which is my all-time favorite movie.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I loved that so much. They got everything perfect with regards to the history of racing, etc. and as usual the animation was incredible. I liked how there was no mention of anything or anyone from Cars 2 at all. You could watch the first movie and then the third and be just fine. Cars 2 had me worried for what Cars 3 might be, but Pixar proved me wrong and really has turned the franchise around.

I had purchased every diecast I could find before seeing the movie but kept the receipts and kept them in the packages in case it was a stinker and I didn't want to collect the third movie diecasts. Came home and tore into all of them, opened 41 cars. I'm all in! Definitely going to get expensive - I did not think changing the haulers from the regular to next-gen style was necessary, and as much as I liked the tractors on track, my wallet groaned - but I look forward to the thrill of new diecasts for a movie I truly love. I imagine this is how it must have felt for you guys in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                I loved that so much. They got everything perfect with regards to the history of racing, etc. and as usual the animation was incredible. I liked how there was no mention of anything or anyone from Cars 2 at all. You could watch the first movie and then the third and be just fine. Cars 2 had me worried for what Cars 3 might be, but Pixar proved me wrong and really has turned the franchise around.

I had purchased every diecast I could find before seeing the movie but kept the receipts and kept them in the packages in case it was a stinker and I didn't want to collect the third movie diecasts. Came home and tore into all of them, opened 41 cars. I'm all in! Definitely going to get expensive - I did not think changing the haulers from the regular to next-gen style was necessary, and as much as I liked the tractors on track, my wallet groaned - but I look forward to the thrill of new diecasts for a movie I truly love. I imagine this is how it must have felt for you guys in 2006.
                Way to go, Bumper Save! It's great to hear from you again!

Comment

Well my son did not get a "get out of jail free" card, but he did make amends and ended up getting to see the movie with me on Father's day. We loved it. He wants all the cars now, but since I've dialed it back a little, he will have to settle for a handful of main characters.

I still like the original the best overall, but this one is right up there in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                    Way to go, Bumper Save! It's great to hear from you again!
                    Thanks Chris. Hope you're well. I've been around the forums a bit, never got out of the game but it comes and it goes for me. Never enough to bail out and sell but sometimes I disappear for a bit. But for now, Cars 3 has me back on here consistently and I hope it remains that way!

Comment

now that was good, lassetter you have redeemed yourself!

Comment

somewhat surprisingly there were only 17 in the cinema tonight, not that we were bothered, i,ll go back again on tuesday

Comment

I went to see it today in 3D, absolutely fantastic, brilliant job Pixar!

Comment

Funny thing is that Lassester didn't direct this one. Brian Fee did.
                            Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Glad to hear that you liked it, boogity and rossibutton.

Comment

Working...
                              X