RARE and Hard to Find Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
    That International Erik Lanely is more an Error than Rare.
    Doesn't really matter, it is still extremely rare, and will increase in value as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
      Here's a picture of one -->http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Cars-...f4#ht_39wt_919

See the confetti inside the blister? Snot Rod with that confetti was only manufactured on one day back in 2008 and then it was cut off so the number of these are extremely limited. An authentic has a date code stamp of 2678 on the back. Very hard to find and very expensive.
      Thanks cac1959 and PopeMobile for the info I never realized that those cars had confetti in the packaging, that's pretty cool.
      RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

Originally posted by RBCars77 View Post
        Thanks cac1959 and PopeMobile for the info I never realized that those cars had confetti in the packaging, that's pretty cool.
        Yes! Confetti printed on the blister made it VERY easy to spot the Chase. I thought it was cool. Not sure why they stopped doing it.

Comment

Here are some of my Cars 2 cars that only got a international release so far. Tokyo Party Staff -2-pack with Miles Axlerod, Petro Cartalina -2-pack with Miguel Camino, 2012 Deluxe Taia Decotura, and 2012 Deluxe Taco Truck Mater.
          RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

Originally posted by RBCars77 View Post
            Here are some of my Cars 2 cars that only got a international release so far. Tokyo Party Staff -2-pack with Miles Axlerod, Petro Cartalina -2-pack with Miguel Camino, 2012 Deluxe Taia Decotura, and 2012 Deluxe Taco Truck Mater.
            nice lot of hard to get and expensive cars

Comment

Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
              Yes! Confetti printed on the blister made it VERY easy to spot the Chase. I thought it was cool. Not sure why they stopped doing it.
              I read that Pixar didn't like nor approve of the Mattel package design with the confetti so it was quickly nixed. Some of the other cars made it out of production with lots being confetti but the plug was pulled on the production of these on the same day that Snot Rod was being made. Hence Snot Rod had a one day run (September 24, 2008) and that's it.

Comment

Nice list - but can't see the Red Ransberg McQueen in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Nice list - but can't see the Red Ransberg McQueen in there.
                  Since only 1 was made it's really not a consideration cause it's uncollectible. Same with Brainstorming McQueen (only 50 made and never seen anyone that has one or can prove they have an authentic). These 2 are up for interpretation I agree and based on production numbers alone would warrant being the 2 rarest cars. But since neither is attainable I left them off the list.

Comment

added Chauncy Fares to the exclusive list and remove Union Jack Ramone who has now been re-released in a 7-pack.

Comment

After reading this list, I have decided that finding tough cars around here is impossible. I have never seen any "Extremely Rare" or "Medium Rare" cars on the pegs, and only have a few "Medium Rare" cars that I have purchased on eBay or through other sellers at more than retail.

<sigh>

Comment

Originally posted by bsmith13 View Post
                        After reading this list, I have decided that finding tough cars around here is impossible. I have never seen any "Extremely Rare" or "Medium Rare" cars on the pegs, and only have a few "Medium Rare" cars that I have purchased on eBay or through other sellers at more than retail.

<sigh>
                        Concerning Popemobile's Extremely Rare Cars... I saw Bessie at Burlington Coat Factory twice - a total of 3 of them... I also saw Bubba/Brand New Mater Story Tellers 2 pack one time at one Target... those are the only items on the extremely rare list that I ever saw in stores, and those were a long time ago.

While I have 20 of the 28 items on Popemobile's list, it was a lot of work... 9 of them came from international purchases or trades... 6 came from case purchases... I'll never have the 8 that I don't have... and most of these 28 items were originally released many years ago.

I have 36 of the 46 items on his Medium Rare list... I won't finish this list... and even though I found all 4 of the last case of Final Lap Cars without problem, others didn't find them at all... most of these are several years old as well.

I currently have all but one of the exclusive items - I don't have Chauncy Fares and I'm not going to spend $32 with tax for 1 new Car and 6 repeats.

I have been collecting for 6 years... for those of you who are relatively new to collecting, you are going to have a very difficult time going back and "collecting them all" and it's going to cost you more than just your left 2 lug nuts to go back and get these... My recommendation to new collectors is to go back and get what you can... pick up a new release of a Car on a new cardback... enjoy buying what you can and trading for what you can.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

In my travels today I picked up an error car ... and it will be up for trade/sale ... may I present ... Wingo with Flames ... but FLAMELESS!! The flame must have burnt out. Sealed on minty card ... you can see the hole where the flame should be ... but alas ... no flames!

DSCN2456.jpg DSCN2457.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
                            In my travels today I picked up an error car ... and it will be up for trade/sale ... may I present ... Wingo with Flames ... but FLAMELESS!! The flame must have burnt out. Sealed on minty card ... you can see the hole where the flame should be ... but alas ... no flames!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2710[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2711[/ATTACH]
                            That's a cool error, jestrjef!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

added Alloy Hemberger to the exclusives list

Comment

added Yukio to the extremely rare list as it's on the same level as the Long Ge's, Frosty's in terms of production

Also - I removed the Disney Tunerz with Neon lights from the rarity lists as they were just re-released in Europe this month

Comment

Working...
                                X