No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2017 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, been quite a while since I was last on here as I stopped collecting for a bit. Have recently started up again and had nothing to report until I found these at Smyths today
    They had just put 2 full cases on the shelves, I think the case number was 978B or 979B but not 100% sure on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotcars View Post
      Hi, been quite a while since I was last on here as I stopped collecting for a bit. Have recently started up again and had nothing to report until I found these at Smyths today
      They had just put 2 full cases on the shelves, I think the case number was 978B or 979B but not 100% sure on that.
      Noticed you're from Edinburgh too, was that Smyths at the Fort? We've probably bought about 60% of ours from there since we started a couple of years ago, they always have a pretty decent selection. We were there today and saw a couple we hadn't seen before, but my son wasn't in a shopping mood so we left empty handed.

Comment

I found the new deluxes in sainsburys today (they wouldn't sell them to me and then removed them from the shelf). They are £13.50 and the singles are up to £6.25. I wasn't too happy about paying £27 for two deluxes, I could buy a decent Lego set for that sort of money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The wholesale price of cars in the UK has risen.
          The Suggested Retail Price (SRP) is now £6.29 for singles and £13.49 for deluxes

My local Tesco has put up prices to £6.64 and Argos £6.99

Comment

Originally posted by StuartW View Post
            The wholesale price of cars in the UK has risen.
            The Suggested Retail Price (SRP) is now £6.29 for singles and £13.49 for deluxes

My local Tesco has put up prices to £6.64 and Argos £6.99
            At those prices, they can keep them! We were thinking of reducing what we collect or just stopping altogether - cost and lack of space - Mattel have made the decision easier than we thought!

We've been collecting for five years now and have accumulated a collection of many hundred cars. We're going to keep all the Desert and Supercharged series and many others (Rubber tyre racers, RS Classics and box sets) but we may sell off a lot of stuff, from World of Cars onwards? The point of collecting them is to display them and we just don't have the room. It's pointless having hundreds of cars stored in boxes! Someone else can put them to good use, I'm sure!

Comment

Originally posted by andyscott82 View Post
              Noticed you're from Edinburgh too, was that Smyths at the Fort? We've probably bought about 60% of ours from there since we started a couple of years ago, they always have a pretty decent selection. We were there today and saw a couple we hadn't seen before, but my son wasn't in a shopping mood so we left empty handed.
              Hi,

Smyths at Edinburgh Fort was my local store until I moved to Polmont last year, now the Falkirk store is my nearest. These cars were actually purchased at Smyths Glasgow Fort store which is always better stocked than the others. There's an Asda Living & Morrisons there also which are usually well stocked too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotcars View Post
                Hi,

Smyths at Edinburgh Fort was my local store until I moved to Polmont last year, now the Falkirk store is my nearest. These cars were actually purchased at Smyths Glasgow Fort store which is always better stocked than the others. There's an Asda Living & Morrisons there also which are usually well stocked too.
                Yeah, I'd imagine the one at the Glasgow Fort would be pretty decent - try and stay away from that part of the country if I can though... The big Toys R Us at Livingston seems pretty decent too, but again I'm hardly ever over that way.

Had a scoop at Smyths today though - all the Silver Racers were £1.00 each, so picked up 5 we didn't have (just need Rip and Carla now to complete those but there was no sign of them). And picked up a Carbon Francesco to go with Shu earlier in the week so that's us got all of them too. Also got a Spin Out Lightning for £2.99 at Toys R Us, so have a very chuffed 3 year old today!

Comment

Found disney cars in b&m today (they haven't stocked for a few years). No prices out and I didn't have time to get one price checked. They had the balloon mater/flo assortment.

Comment

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
                    Found disney cars in b&m today (they haven't stocked for a few years). No prices out and I didn't have time to get one price checked. They had the balloon mater/flo assortment.

My local B&M just stocked up with the silver cars on US package.
                    Were the single cars you found on international or US package?

Comment

Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
                      My local B&M just stocked up with the silver cars on US package.
                      Were the single cars you found on international or US package?
                      My local B&M had the ballon mater/flo assortment on US cards aswell as Silver Racers. They were £3.99

Comment

I forgot to check but they were probably US which means we may get lucky and get a super chase case at some point? My second b&m had just silver racers at £3.99.
                        I visited smyths today in the hope of securing the missing silver racers from our collection but they are back up to £5.99 each. The £1 offer must have been very short as he told me they had gone back up in price today.

Comment

The new deluxes were back out in sainsburys today. Tried to buy them but had them removed from sale again and then removed from shelf again so sainsburys seem a bit inept when it comes to adding three new barcodes onto the system as it's been almost a week now.

Comment

I went to the new smyths in my hometown on Saturday and scored a number of new cars. They also issued flyers for £6 off a £15 spend so it made the cars £4 each

Comment

The new deluxes were back out in sainsburys today. Tried to buy them but had them removed from sale again and then removed from shelf again so sainsburys seem a bit inept when it comes to adding three new barcodes onto the system as it's been almost a week now.

Hi,

Got the new deluxe at Sainsburys last week. The problem is a different EAN number. The member of staff took them through the back along with the price ticket from the shelf and added them manually so I was able to purchase them. Took less than 5 minutes to sort. Anyone else having problems purchasing them should make the staff aware of this.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, visited my local B&M today and picked up a few singles.

Comment

Working...
                                X