Respect the Classics - Chase Cars Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics - Chase Cars Part 2

The next installment for the chase cars article continues where we left off from Part 1 after the Impound Cars...

Chuki with Kanju Packaging

This car was released in Race O Rama case G and was the first car to have "chase only" packaging. The car itself was the same as a standard Chuki, but with different packaging (i.e card back).

Mario Andretti with Italian Packaging

This car was released with "chase only" packaging in the KMart Day2 case. The car itself was the same as a standard Mario Andretti, but with different packaging. This was also the first release of Mario Andretti with red rims; the previous release had gold rims.

Ferrari F430 with Italian Packaging

This car was released in lenticular A case with "chase only" packaging. The car itself was the same as a standard Ferrari F430, but with different packaging.

Saluting Sarge

This car was released in Lenticular case A. The car has painted eyes despite being distributed in a lenticular case. This car can be seen in the movie when Sarge is raising his flag during the morning prior to Fillmore's classic line of "respect the classics man..."

Dinoco Lightning McQueen with Piston Cup

This car was released in Lenticular case B and also repeated in a Walmart End Cap (with Chick Hicks with Piston Cup). The car has painted eyes despite being distributed in a lenticular case.

Chick Hicks with Piston Cup

This car was released in Lenticular case C and also repeated in a Walmart End Cap (with Chick Hicks with Piston Cup). The car has painted eyes despite being distributed in a lenticular case. Error versions with this card that are known are that Chick Hicks was sometimes packaged with The King Piston Cup.

The King with Piston Cup

This car was released in Lenticular case D. The car has painted eyes despite being distributed in a lenticular case. Error versions with this card that are known are that The King was sometimes packaged with Chick Hicks Piston Cup

Here is a picture showing the 3 Chase Cars with Piston Cup, Dinoco McQueen, Chick Hicks, and The King.

Darrell Cartrip with Ransburg Finish

This car was released in Lenticular case E. The car has painted eyes despite being distributed in a lenticular case. This car was also released in "Repeat Case P" (not to be confused with Lenticular Case P - nice one Mattel!) along with DJ with Ransburg Finish. The following picture shows Chase Darrell Cartrip on both US and International cardbacks.

DJ with Ransburg Finish

This car was released in Lenticular case F. The car has painted eyes despite being distributed in a lenticular case. This car was also released in "Repeat Case P" (not to be confused with Lenticular Case P - nice one Mattel!) along with Darrell Cartrip with Ransburg Finish. Chase DJ with Ransburg Finish is a favorite to many collectors.

Hydraulic Ramone with Ransburg Finish

This car was released in Lenticular case G. The car has painted eyes despite being distributed in a lenticular case.

This brings us to the end of the "painted eyes" chase cars. Next week - the one's that we all love - "lenticular" chase cars!!!

We have the Chick Hicks w/ King's piston cup. I only found him one other time in a store but the package was mangled and his cup was bent. So I passed on getting a cup w/ Chick Hicks name on it because the cup was damaged. I think we have all of the other ones but only Chick Hicks w/ King's cup, DJ, and Darrell are still in the package. No need to open those last two while the regular versions are open and being played with.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Another great article, MrB...

The metallic paint Cars are better for opening for display than for play... the metallic paint tends to chip more easily, in my opinion...

I have Chase Cars open for display... keeping several carded... not sure that I've opened any for play, but with well over 150 Cars to play with, we don't need to open all of them.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
      X