This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
    As I only really skim read this thread and nothing else on here now, I didn't realise there was now a policy of holding back on announcing new finds.

I hope giving away that Cardiff Toys R Us had a load of Mater/Zen Pittys didn't mean ebayers could grab them all before anyone else.

As you may well have noticed, the situation in the UK is dire at the moment. There is very little new stuff coming through, genuine collectors need as much help as possible to find what little there is out there.

There is no policy, it's just called helping your friends in any way you can!

Strange as it may appear, someone actually asked my local TRU if they could get a Finn McMissile the other day!

Comment

• We are a close collecting community and it is nice to think a member would give another member the 'heads up' about new finds before putting it up in a general post. I understand the reasons for that completely and am very thankful to those in the past for any communications. Having said that, when I found a Francesco super chase I was shocked and thrilled, so much so I couldn't hold back, therefore I felt compelled to share my finds immediately. I put a post up as soon as I got back to my computer. I guess which ever way you prefer to discuss your finds there is no right or wrong way. Collectors can be an easy target to the re-sellers and dealers out there, so if we serious collectors can beat them to it using what ever methods at our disposal, then good for us!

Comment

• Between yesterday and today, somebody bought the entire case of two packs from my local TRU before they even went on the shelves. It's highly irritating as I wanted to take advantage of the 3 for 2 deal and I doubt they will get more stock in before this promotion finishes.

Comment

• Still no more new stock in my area, very frustrating. Between Saturday and today, been to 5 Tesco, 3 Asda, 3 Sainsburys, a Morrison, a Smyths and a Disney store all a blank

Comment

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
            Between yesterday and today, somebody bought the entire case of two packs from my local TRU before they even went on the shelves. It's highly irritating as I wanted to take advantage of the 3 for 2 deal and I doubt they will get more stock in before this promotion finishes.
            Another collector on here told me today that both TRU and Smyths had loads more double packs delivered, so it's clear there is quite a lot out there at the moment. He also found a Luigi & Guido Super Chase and the Jonathan Shiftko case at TRU.

Smyths are selling the double packs for £7.99 and TRU have a buy two, get one free on all Cars, Planes and Hot Wheels products at the moment.

The Entertainer and Wilko have also got double packs and deluxe. One Wilko I went to had both US and international carded deluxe. It was a bit bizarre seeing both versions of Alfredo next to each other!

I went to take a photo with my phone, but unfortunately I've completely filled the internal memory and SD memory card. The staff think it's weird me going in every morning to look at the toy aisle, let alone trying to take a picture!

Comment

• I need to find a 95 fans as they are my sons Fave's

Comment

• I didn't think the TRU 3 for 2 deal included planes, all the signage just says cars - has anyone bought planes merchandise in TRU and had the deal kick in?

Comment

• The full contents of the latest Radiator Springs Classic singles at TRU is as follows:

SHERIFF - 2 ~ First issue in the UK
                  GRETA - 1 ~ New to RS Classics
                  LEROY TRAFFIK - 1 ~ First issue in the UK
                  EDWIN KRANKS - 2 ~ New to RS Classics
                  FABULOUS HUDSON HORNET - 2
                  RADIATOR SPRINGS McQUEEN - 2

The datestamp is 0235EAA

Comment

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
                    I didn't think the TRU 3 for 2 deal included planes, all the signage just says cars - has anyone bought planes merchandise in TRU and had the deal kick in?
                    Planes 1 are half price whilst Fire and Rescue die-cast are reduced to £4.99. Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                      The full contents of the latest Radiator Springs Classic singles at TRU is as follows:

SHERIFF - 2 ~ First issue in the UK
                      GRETA - 1 ~ New to RS Classics
                      LEROY TRAFFIK - 1 ~ First issue in the UK
                      EDWIN KRANKS - 2 ~ New to RS Classics
                      FABULOUS HUDSON HORNET - 2
                      RADIATOR SPRINGS McQUEEN - 2

The datestamp is 0235EAA
                      Thanks for the heads up - I found Leroy in TRU today, it was only him and RS LMQ left on the pegs. However, the 3 for 2 offer includes the RS Classics series, some great offers on in TRU right now. There must have been 20 double packs on display last week, none at all today with the 3 for 2 offer on. Hoping they get the John and Nancy mix in to stock next.

Comment

• Asda, at last I have found Tacho. Strange as I suspect asda stores are getting half boxes. Not sure but thanks asda anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckjonesmason View Post
                          Asda, at last I have found Tacho. Strange as I suspect asda stores are getting half boxes. Not sure but thanks asda anyway.
                          Fantastic finds! I tried one Asda and nothing, the second had 2014 Carstoons and that was all and the last branch I tried had J.Shifko & Henri mix. A real assortment of cases out there at the moment, I guess Mattel want to clear out old stock as well as keeping us interested by mixing it all up with 2015 cases as well.

Comment

• Great finds Chuckjonesmason. You might be right with the ASDA half case theory. I went in my local one today and they still had the same two cars from the Tach O case in the Easter bin as they had last week - I spoke to the manager who said they were having huge problems with theft of Cars, with people leaving the card backs dotted around the store. Managed to find Hooman and Marty Brakeburst in another ASDA though.
                            Toys R Us had very little of the Radiator Springs series on the shelves with Doc, RS McQueen and Edwin the only ones left.
                            The Entertainer had a huge display of US cardbacks, all from 2014. Each peg was full of a different car with about 20 pegs full. When was the last time you saw six Flo's on display?
                            Wilko was a disappointment with the only interesting car being Interview Francesco for £3.75, but I passed on that.
                            Onwards and upwards!

Comment

• In my ASDA-a-thon a couple of weeks ago, I asked all the stores that had the Easter display why they only had 12 cars on display (when the price ticket tells you how many they had). I had a number of different replies, with the common theme being that staff couldn't be bothered to go and have a look out the back. One store told me that the 72, yes 72 cars (three cases) had to last through Easter! I maybe wrong here, but I thought the idea was to sell items, not hang on to them as long as possible! Sell them and get some more in!

The stores that didn't have the Easter display either didn't have any 2015 cars or had a full case of 24no. 2015. They generally stuffed the cars in the bins, cramming as many in there as possible. Most of the cars I've seen in the bins were damaged, either the card or blister packs. One store even put the Toon 3-Packs in the bins! I would guess that most people who buy the 3-Packs are mint card collectors, something that the ASDA staff don't quite understand. Damagaing a £5 single is bad enough, but damaging a £14 3-Pack is unexcusable.

Comment

• The latest TRU RS Classics case at TRU has literally flown off the shelves. All stores got an initial two cases. They should be restocking this week. There were only supposed to be 600 of this case, so at the current rate, they'll all be sold out by the end of April, if not before. I don't believe that TRU has extended an order beyond their original run, but each assortment sells out quite quickly, except maybe a few here and there (e.g. they put 5no. McQueens in one case of 12 cars.

I would hope that, if there is the demand they could extend the run. The second half of the current wave (five) is due in the summer. We should see Antonio, Mildred and Milton by then plus repeats of N20 Cola, Octane Gain, Ron Hover, Flo and Brand New Mater! They maybe spread over two cases, but however it turns out, that's great news for UK/international card collectors! There has to be four or five McQueens in a case, so maybe it will be two cases?

Comment

Working...
                                X