Respect the Classics: Doug RM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: Doug RM

Some of my favorite characters in Cars and Planes Fire and Rescue are the RVs... Not that I've ever owned an RV and not that I ever will, but there's just something about the RVs from the world of Cars that I really enjoy... maybe I feel they are worth the money as they are larger than most of the Cars... paying the Deluxe price for a small Car isn't a good feeling... I feel like I'm getting my money's worth with the larger diecast, even if it does have some plastic to it.

Even though we still haven't seen the 2015 Cars poster on the Mattel website this year, we've seen it on Amazon... looking at the Cars, some of the new ones that most appealed to me are the RVs... and finally, Doug RM is available... while I've not seen it in a store, I have friends who have... and I've received one from PCD supporter Get Me Collectibles and seen it for purchase on Amazon.

Last night I decided to open a few of my more recent Cars purchases... of the approximately 15 I opened last night, my favorite is the new RV Doug RM.

My 2 favorite new Cars of the 4 in Deluxe case W are Doug RM and Terry Gong:

They were among the ones I opened them last night.

I think Doug RM is awesome.

Doug is definitely heavy - he's heavier than Elvis... and comes with several flags (some assembly was required)... I like the color (the splash of green) and the expression of his eyes.

I zoomed in a little bit more:

Here's the view from the passenger side:

Doug looks great from the rear - I like the rear tire compartment.

Here's a straight-on photo:

And from the top we see a vent system similar to what you might see on a real RV:

And here's a picture showing Doug with RVs from a diorama from a Race O Rama 3 pack:

None of the RVs shown in the diorama are Doug... so who are they? And when will they be released.

We know that Larry Camper is coming soon... and we've seen Elvis, Barry Diesel, and the Convoy Brothers... and that sounds like a good idea for an upcoming Respect the Classics.

But for now, I'm glad to have Doug RM in my collection... and I hope you're all able to add Doug to your collection too.

Thanks for reading... as always, I appreciate your comments.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great article, cac1959!
    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Nice article, Chris.

Can't wait to get one myself, it will look great next to the other RV's..
      Cars Addict

Comment

excellento!

Comment

Great article!

I'm excited that I saw remnants of the Doug case a few days ago and hope to find one.

It will be my first RV as Barry Diesal and Convoy Brothers have been a bit too expensive for me.

I love "Respect the Classics" articles, keep them coming please!

Congratulations Chris on achieving 7,000 posts too!

Comment

Working...
          X