No announcement yet.

Planes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen Cars or Cars 2 in theaters either. My son will be about 2 and half years old by the time PLanes comes out so I doubt I will be seeeing it in theaters. I kinda wanted to though

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

This whole "Turbo" movie just seems so ridiculous in every aspect haha.

First, it's a Dreamworks movie. I have never been impressed with any Dreamworks movie ever released except for the original Shrek and Madagascar.

Second, they are trying to milk as much money as they can on this movie. Met on T5 made a Post on it, saying Dreamworks has made trademarks for:
      "SHIRTS AND TOPS, DRESSES, SKIRTS, PANTS, TROUSERS, JEANS, SHORTS, ROMPERS, OVERALLS, SWEATSHIRTS AND SWEAT PANTS, SWEATSUITS, CAPS AND HATS, GLOVES, SUSPENDERS, TIES, COATS AND JACKETS, HOSIERY, SHOES, BOOTS, SLIPPERS, PAJAMAS, ROBES, SLEEPSHIRTS, SLEEPWEAR, UNDERWEAR, HALLOWEEN COSTUMES, AND CLOTH BABY BIBS."

NOT ONLY THAT, they are going to make even more Toys for Turbo than they did for Cars 2 in 2011 and 2012 combined! Such as (also stated by Met on T5):
      "2-packs, 5-pack Movie Moments, Turbo Stunts playsets, Transforming Taco Truck Playset (the plot involves a Taco Truck driver finding him and making him magically fast … maybe it just sounds stupid when I’m saying it …), Turbo Shell Speedway Track set, Rip Stick launchers, Nite Glo Vehicles, Light Up & Go Vehicles, Launchers, Chevrolet Camaro Launcher, Tuck ‘n Roll 4-pack, “basics” 8-pack and Chevrolet Camaro Ripstick …"

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2012/12/...race-car-film/

But I guess I'm glad Planes is going to theatres... I doubt this is going to be a box office success but it looks like a fun movie. I hope they don't go overboard with merchandise because I'm still deciding on whether or not I'm buying them. I may just get the Planes and Pitties that were also in Air Mater (Skipper, his assistant Pitty etc.)

Comment

Just a bit of info on Planes... I have read that the voice of the main character "Dusty" was supposed to be done by Jon Cryer, and I think he was even in the early trailers. Now it is being reported that he is no longer attached to this movie, and they are casting for the lead role. Still happy that this will be a theatrical release now instead of direct to DVD... can't wait!

Comment

Working...
        X