Respect the Classics: Chase Ruka and Mildred Bylane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: Chase Ruka and Mildred Bylane

Chase Ruka and Mildred Bylane... first to market Cars for Kmart for the Kmart 10 Cars Collector Event on October 19, 2013... in theory... except they also turned up in 2013 Singles Case Q... which was released before the Kmart 10 Cars Collector Event... What does this mean? Those of you without Kmart stores near by may have an easier time finding Ruka and Mildred... it also means that Kmart probably didn't order as many case for the Kmart 10 event as they had for previous events - otherwise the Chase Ruka would not have been included in a non-Kmart case... Anyway, they are here, and Cars collectors are happy about it.

In this installment of Respect the Classics, we'll take a look at 2 Cars that don't have much in common other than the fact that they are both supposed to be in the Kmart 10 singles case and 2013 singles case Q... Mildred Bylane and Chase Ruka.

Mildred Bylane

We've been waiting a long time for Mildred Bylane... Mildred made a short appearance in Cars... But was she a beautiful looking Car... one of the classics from the era of Doc Hudson, Edwin Kranks, and Milton Calypeer... Mildred was rumored to debut as a Final Lap single... but she wasn't released... when she finally was seen loose on eBay during the summer of 2013, many of us thought she'd be released as the one new Car in a 7 pack with 6 repeats... but surprise! She was seen as a carded single on the 2013 cardback:

A very nice looking Car indeed... and heavy... Mildred Bylane is part of the Retro Radiator Springs series.

Mildred has her eyes on you... and me:

And she can be looking at us from any direction...

Production codes vary... I have 2 carded Mildred so far (but I did open one)... 1703 EAA on the back of one, and 2413 EAA on the other... 71 days apart... The codes on the bottom of the Car are 2413 EAA in the one that I opened (card 2413 EAA) and 1613 EAA on the bottom of the Car of the card dated 1703 EAA.

Mildred Bylane's UPC is 7 46775 24023 3

Chase Ruka

Ruka appeared as the airplane Waitress in Cars2... again not much screen time... but a smart looking Car...

Chase Ruka is part of the 2013 singles Airport Adventure series.

I don't know about you, but when I see the term "Chase" on a Car's card, I think I'm not going to find many of them and I better get a few while I can...

I love the detail on the paint/decal job:

Production codes for the 2 I have:
    Car: 1693 EAA (cardback 1703 EAA)
    Car: 2313 EAA (cardback 2393 EAA)

Again, there's at least 2 months between production runs - that leads me to believe that Ruka was going to be in one case... and then with the delay was put into another case.

Here's Ruka:

Ruka's UPC is 7 46775 18688 3

In Conclusion

If you haven't seen Mildred Bylane or Chase Ruka yet, hopefully you will soon... again, both are supposed to be in the Kmart 10 Cars Collector Event case... some of these cases have already been released at Kmart stores... the Kmart event is Saturday October 19... and 2013 singles case Q is still showing up at some stores - it's been reported at Target and Kmart stores and I've seen remnants at one Walmart store.

If you don't have these Cars in your collection and want them, hopefully you'll get the opportunity to do so... hopefully you'll see them at the Kmart event this weekend - there are supposed to be 2 Mildred in the case and 1 Chase Ruka... I've got a case on order and will take pictures as soon as it arrives.

As always, I appreciate your comments... thanks for reading.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great article! I've only found remnants of Case Q at Walmart which the highlights were Mildred and Luigi and Guido w/ S&G and I found an early K-day case with a missing Ruka.
    RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

great article Chris

here are the codes for these cars that I have

mildred:
      car 2193, card 2223; car 2193, card 2193
      error car 2273, error card 2393

ruka:
      car 2393, card 2253; car 2413, card 2413; car 1783, card 1693
      car 2273, card 2253; car 2253, card 2243

Comment

Cool!
        Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

I was kind of bummed that Mildred and Ruka were released before Kmart day. If I didn't already have those two, it would be easier to buy cars to open for the mail-in.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
            I was kind of bummed that Mildred and Ruka were released before Kmart day. If I didn't already have those two, it would be easier to buy cars to open for the mail-in.
            I suppose as long as you kept the cards you can buy new ones this weekend and keep them in the packages for trading and use the cards for the ones you opened for the mail-in, if they are the same car.

The part I am not happy about is that I wanted to give them to the kids for Christmas still in the packages for them to open, but the cards need to be sent in before that....although, I'm sure I can come up with some creative way to repackage them.

Comment

Nice article Chris. Mildred is already in my top 10. LOVE the throw back cars! Hope they bring on more.

Comment

If it wasn't for the fact my ex-mother-in-law's name is Mildred, this would be my favorite car to date!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                X