O D W Y E R P W Mattel Metal Mini Racer Collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O D W Y E R P W Mattel Metal Mini Racer Collection

I only collect the Mattel Metal Mini-Racers. (If Mattel doesn't include race cars and character cars from the Cars 1 and Cars 2 movies in the Metal Mini Racer series, perhaps I will start collecting the Micro-Drifters to fill that void... we'll see).

Presently, I have 92 of the currently available 93. I have not acquired Primer McQueen. I also have 3 quality custom cars as well, so if you count everything in my boxes you'll arrive at 95 cars. I have some tiny mini sized cones too for doing displays. I'm not into carded/packaging details. All of my cars are loose. However, they are neatly stored in 4 craft bead cases. (I have 2 other craft boxes for duplicates... have to figure out what to do with those).

There are still some cars that were offered for sale that I have not received (I have them on backorder with Amazon as part a 3-Pack, 10-pack orders).:
    Hey Day Smokey, Silver McQueen, NonMuddy Miss Fritter.

There are 5 cars that I can think of that have appeared on packaging too that have not shown up in the wild yet:
    Glow In the Dark Mater, Metallic Mater, Green Metallic Chick Hicks, Dinaco Blue Non Metallic Lightening McQueen, Guido

There are several cars that I have seen photos of and heard rumors from reliable collectors. I hope they don't require buying huge packs. These are available now (I ordered them.. except for Todd because Eli was out):

HeyDay Smokey
    Todd Pizza Planet Pickup
    Brick Yardley
    Sheldon Shifter
    Conrad Camber
    Hardvey RodCap
    Bruce Miller

a few more just added, hoping to see these offered by Eli or available in retail soon:

Hydraulic Red Ramone
    Dud Throttleman
    Ryan Inside Laney
    Ralph Carlow
    Spikey Fillups
    Tim Treadless XRS
    Brick Yardley XRS
    Saludos Amigos Ramone
    Aaron Clocker
    Rex Revler
    George Newwin
    Paul Conrev

Just got word that Amazon cancelled a 10-Pack that I had ordered long ago... It featured:
    Silver McQueen
    Miss Fritter with Black Wheels (non golden / non muddy)
    So I don't know if those two cars have gone the way of Guido, Gr Met Chick, Glo Mater, Met Mater, Dinaco LMQ, etc...

Anyway seems like allot of the Piston Cup / Next Gen racing field is going to be represented... Now if we could just get a few more legends.
    Last edited by ODwyerPW; 11-27-2019, 11:43 PM.

Received some new Piston Cup and NexGen mini racers so I set them up for a foto with all of the other racers. (My wife mocked me and said that I was playing with my cars.... My god... she might be right)...

Comment

Here's a nice Dinoco Dreaming shot ... the baby blue and the metallic.... King,Cal,LMQ and Chick... and then the spectators in the dinoco wrap scheme. Obviously, the baby blue non metallic dinaco LMQ is a JoJo Custom. It's really nice up close.

Comment

Shot of all of the Eli and JoJo Customs I have... Impound Boot Lightening McQueen, Cone Teeth Mater, Mac iCar, Dinoco Blue LighteningMcQueen, NexGen Apple Car.

Comment

Very nice pictures, ODwyerPW! What are you using to display or store your mini-racers in? Are you using anything to hold them in place in the storage case? I use poster putty to hold Cars in place in display cases and storage cases.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Well, they are loose in those soft plastic cases... but I don't move them often, never drop them, never shake them. I am considering building a nice wakk shelf out of Mesquite/IronWood to display them in my den/office. Think I"ll build it to hold 200 cars, because I'm already over 107 mini-racers since this thread was started.

Recently Received:

HeyDay Smokey
            Brick Yardley
            Sheldon Shifter
            Conrad Camber
            Hardvey RodCap
            Bruce Miller
            Ryan Inside Laney
            Ralph Carlow
            Tim Treadless XRS
            Brick Yardley XRS
            Mac iCar (JoJo OldGen Custom)
            DInaco Blue Lightening McQueen (JoJo Custom because Mattel hasn't actually produced it yet)

If you count the stuff that Mattel has shown in marketing material and the spy fotos on social media.. there are another 15 cars we are waiting on... and of course we do need a Green Ramone too (LOL!) Well, anyway, I'll try not to turn this into another "Mattel Metal Mini Racers , Cars 1, 2 & 3 Ideas" thread. Instead, I'll just stick to what I've got and keep the other commentary to a dull roar... I'll take some new pictures next week.

Last edited by ODwyerPW; 11-27-2019, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X