Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter's Mini-Racer and Micro-Drifter collections on display on wall-mounted shelves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter's Mini-Racer and Micro-Drifter collections on display on wall-mounted shelves

This is a photo of my recently constructed shelves for displaying my collection. Eight $5 rustic wooden service trays from Target were used along with some coarse shim boards. The decoupage Race Track / Event Tribute labels are used to cover up the word 'Barbeque'. ;p Everything was sanded semi-smooth to eliminate splinters.

Cars Mini-Racers: all are on display except Metallic RustEze Cruz Ramirez. A few new releases are on order (2021 Advent Calendar with the 3 new snowy cars and the 4 new cars from the 2021 Series 3 Blind Boxes and 5 new cars from the latest 2021 3-Packs.), so an updated photo will need to be taken when those arrive. There are five mini-racer customs shown as well - BabyBlue Dinoco LMQ, Mac I-Car, JP Drive, ConeTeeth Mater, ImpoundBoot LMQ.

Cars Mini-Haulers: These are from TakaraTomicaTomy. They are high quality metal haulers that are the perfect size to display with Mini-Racers.

Cars Micro-Drifters: all are on display here besides Prof Zundapp w/ monacle. It's on order and ashould arrive in a week or so.

Planes Micro-Drifters: The collection is complete (at only 17 planes, it's a small collection).

Attached Files
    shelf detail when planning the layout race track / race event tributes trays and wood and labels
    Last edited by FischAutoTechGarten; 06-28-2021, 09:52 PM.

I just realized that's an older photo; more recent photos show more cars. Additional cars are arriving today, so another photo will be taken and this thread updated.

I don't collect Mini-Adventures because they are ugly and gimmicky. That said, the Haulers aren't bad in that collection and I may start acquiring a few of those.

UPDATED: I updated the photo above to reflect the complete collections.
    Last edited by FischAutoTechGarten; 06-28-2021, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Quite a number of cars have come in since the last photo.. So I'd thought I'd include an update.

Last edited by FischAutoTechGarten; 08-21-2021, 10:41 PM. Reason: enlarge photo to Fullsize

Comment

Originally posted by FischAutoTechGarten View Post
        Quite a number of cars have come in since the last photo.. So I'd thought I'd include an update.

What a great looking display of your mini racers, Peter! One of these days I need to get shelves and do the same... thank you for sharing! And what a very creative way to create your own custom shelves.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Finished up obtaining the last of the new releases for 2021. So, I'm updating the photo.

Comment

Working...
          X