No announcement yet.

BobbyJack's Car Collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't updated our collection for quite some time. With all the new singles lately and the Take Flights earlier, this has been a pretty decent year for collecting.

You can see how our Wrasslin' display has evolved. I want to post pictures later when we get more Cars open as you know 99% of our Cars are open and on display.

I still am trying to figure out which Cars I want to display in here.

Here is our stack of singles we have to open. I think Becky Wheelin' is up next.

These are the deluxes we haven't opened yet. Mostly Take Flights still, but there is an extra special one in the lower left hand corner that Conrad (cvc1968) traded to us about 2 years ago that I have been waiting for the right moment to crack open.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Very nice update bobbyjack.

Thanks for sharing those

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I forget Bobbyjack, does your kids know that the carded ones are here? I know I've seen pics of them with cards, but I thought that was always before they were opened.

Comment

Nope, they don't know about the carded ones. When I take a picture of them with the carded ones, it is right before we open them. I try to limit them to about one new car a week. That is why we have the back log currently.

Comment

Decided I might as well post these now too. After Christmas these Cars get packed up with the rest of the Christmas decorations. Not seeing them all year is like getting new Cars every year.

The Radiator Springs gang.

Santa Car and Reindeer Mater

Whee-Hoo Mater and Snowplow Lightning McQueen

Holiday Hotshot McQueen and Snowday Sally.

Comment

Is that the complete Xmas Cars collection?

I love the xmas Cars. I should look into buying these. I Love Santa Car. I don't know if I'd be able to put them away for a year though lol.

Thanks for sharing these, they look great

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
                Is that the complete Xmas Cars collection?
                I think there was a black version of Sheriff w/ the Christmas trees but I didn't feel it was necessary for our collection. As far as I know there weren't any others released.

Comment

Now that Christmas and BobbyJack's birthday have passed, we have some new cars stuff in our collection...

Santa brought us Cars 2 racetracks to have fun with.

His sisters wanted him to have the dumptruck from the movie. No plans to collect microdrifters though.

Nick Cartone made it to the Fans Stands.

Fabrizio escaped one plastic prison just to end up in another.

Same with the new crew chiefs

Ditto with Prince Wheeliam and Sir Harley Gassup. Mattel Queen is still in package, this is Disney Store version in display case.

I don't think Tokyo Mater will be coming out of this box. The light up effect just looks too cool. Besides we still have the plastic one out from the playset if the kids want to play with Tokyo Mater.

Santa left this 2 pack for me under the tree. Kept the two plastic inserts for flight stands.

BobbyJack has the two single releases to play with.

He has had a lot of fun playing with the Finn McMissile Air Hog. Not much open room to play with on the floor, but plenty of space on the walls!

Comment

very nice bobbyjack!

looks like you guys had a blast for xmas!

Transformers for Trade

Comment

very nice pictures

Comment

It's that time of year again. Christmas is over and so is BobbyJack's birthday. Had a pretty good year. Got a decent amount of Cars and started collecting Planes also.

Got some Maters...

...and some international Promo Cars. Also finally got that 2010 Dragon McQueen.

We finally got a Metallic Rip Clutchgonski, but the silver Rip never got a retail release.

Added 3 new Super Chase to the collection. I'm still undecided if I'm going to go after the 2014 Super Chase Cars.

We got a Cars 1 Silver McQueen...

...Uncle Topolino's Band...

...a Leroy to play with and Mildred Bylane...

...and a Radiator Springs John Lassitire. Looking forward to adding a Todd the Pizza Planet truck to hang out with him.

Got a new set of Tunerz with Flames. Also got some more female Tunerz fans.

We have a Waiter Mater and Bartender Guido.

We started collecting Planes this summer...

Our Propwash Junction and Pit Row set up...

...and the flight deck of the Fliesenhower.

Added some new faces to the Fans Stands...

...beefed up security...

...was needed to keep control of probably the best new Mater released this year.

Got the Star Wars Cars this summer thanks to Jestrjeff.

Only added a couple of Lemons this year. Such an easy repaint; you have to wonder why Mattel hasn't done more of them.

Don't have very many left to open.

I've kept some of the harder ones to find on card.

Not planning on opening these. Except for the Queen of course, I hope the others get a U.S. release because I want some open versions.

Here is some of the best stuff I got this year. Bubba, the Time Travel Mater sets, and the Convoy Brothers.

This is what our singles display looks like currently. Not really sure how much our collection will grow this year. The kids are into so many other things now than just Cars. Gone are the days when I can just check the Cars aisle when toy hunting.

Comment

Very impressive collection.

Comment

you have a lot of nice additions from last year bobbyjack

Comment

very very awesome!
                              "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Amazing display, very nice.
                                ...Nice pinstripe Sally...

Comment

Working...
                                X