No announcement yet.

cac1959's collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice stuff Chris! And as for the mole/scratch, yup, George hit it right on the nose. It is supposed to be there. Mattel does screw up with QC, but never three times in the same place like that.

Comment

New additions: 6/28/12

Here are some photos of some of my most recent arrivals...

Funny Car Mater:

The Queen:

The Queen and Funny Car Mater:

Flash:

Flash is limited to 4000 units, according to the cardback:

Chase Becky:

Becky, The Queen, and Funny Car Mater:

Thank you for looking...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Those are some great additions!!

Comment

Not really Cars... yet...

Bought a work bench this afternoon at Menards (home improvement store)... the tabletop surface is 24" x 65"... once it's assembled, it's going to go behind the couch in the newly re-arranged Cars room... I mean family room...I'll put boxes below the tabletop... and plan on setting up my Radiator Springs buildings and my Charge Ups track on top of the table...

We'll see how it turns out... but some assembly required...

Here's the top (upside down right now):

Back to construction...

Almost midnight... assembly is finished... I've never been fond of the words "some assembly required"...

Hopefully tomorrow night I'll get it put in place and set up the display.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

looks quite sturdy and looking forward to seeing the finished result

Comment

The workbench is very sturdy... says it will hold 1000 pounds... but it's too small for everything... dadgum... I'll add a photo tonight... time for a plan B

Comment

there is a plan b ?

Comment

Look forward to seeing the finished result

Comment

Plan B = 2 tables???

Plan C = attach larger piece of wood to Plan A???

Comment

Will post photos when I get home... other plans would involve moving furniture yet again... I might have to put the TRU playsets and the Charge Ups track on the workbench and the 2 Disney Store playsets and the 3 GotFrank custom buildings on the Cars cabinet (I mean the china cabinet)... I had all the buildings on 2 shelves but wanted to put it all together.

Comment

"Cars cabinet" sounds better Chris...

Comment

My collection has gotten to the point where it's gotten away from me... I don't know exactly what I have or where it is... I agreed 10 days ago, during a week's stay at home vacation, to work on it... we moved all but 3 pieces of furniture in the room and did not move the 6 display cases that are mounted on 2 walls...

I've made progress but have more to go... we bought the workbench but it's too small for all the playsets... I bought an 8 foot board and cut it to make 3 more shelves for my 4 black bookcases... I've moved a few Cars around... here are a few pictures...

This bookcase will hold carded Cars on display:

Here is my Cars cabinet (should be a china cabinet):

I've put my Poor Man's Speedway of the South set on the second shelf of the hutch... boxed sets are on the top shelf of the hutch... Deluxe Cars are on the very top, and my custom by GotFrank and Disney Store playsets are on top of the cabinet.

My TRU playsets are on top of the workbench:

I still have some other items on top of it... my wife bought a plastic 3 door storage device to go underneath it for packing supplies, tape, scissors, and more... I may add a small piece of wood and attach it to the back to help keep things from being pushed off the back onto the couch.

Here's what that 1/4 of the room looks like from the other side:

This bookcase will hold most of my Cars that are in boxes... it is not visible when you enter the room... next to it the other bookcase will hold boxed sets - I added a new shelf for the Story Tellers... Again, I'm not done with this bookcase...

This looks more like a family room and less like a Cars cave...

Here are my 4 Carney Plastics display cases... I may pull out the haulers and rearrange Cars... I'd like to put my entire set of 36 launchers (thank you, GotFrank, for the 17 custom ones) in 2 of the display cases - since each CP-21/24 has 21 openings, it will take almost 2 full display cases for the launchers... I wish I could get 2 launchers per opening but it's not possible... it will take a lot of work to move them around.

I do have room for 2 more display cases on the walls since we've moved furniture around...

The Cars Christmas tree has been moved across the room - it's been up since October 2009...

We've probably gone through over 30 boxes of Cars... just between boxes of extra US Chase Cars and Cars2 singles I have 460 extras and I don't need all of them... we haven't gone through the non-Chase Cars (both US and International), Cars2 multipacks, and others... there are at least 30 more boxes with Cars in another room... I think I'll be having an inventory reduction sale later this summer.

Comment

the cave is starting to take shape and i now see the xmas tree

Comment

Wow amazing! If there's no more room I have plenty of space here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                                Wow amazing! If there's no more room I have plenty of space here.
                                I wonder if my wife would move her craft room from the basement to the second bedroom... that would give me room for boxes of Cars...

My room is 15.5 feet by 23.5 feet... That should be enough room for everything...

Thanks for the offer, Bumper Save... cvc1968 asked first...

Comment

Working...
                                X