No announcement yet.

Inky's humanised Cars Art and Customs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inky's humanised Cars Art and Customs!

This seems like a good way to get me started here, so I thought i'd display a bit of my Cars artwork I've been doing here and there. It'll start old, and as we go on they'll get more recent. Customs at the end! And apologies in advance for somewhat long post/large image sizes...

Artwork

Humanised Doc, when I first designed him. Admittedly I've gotten much better since this was drawn (Early August), But this was the initial design idea I had at the time. Also, he's not as a Car because I seriously cannot draw Cars at the moment. I'll get round to practicing one day... But yes! There's Doc. My favourite character, if that wasn't clear before, ahah.

Yep, improvement from the last, Here is my humanised Sarge! From what I've seen around the net, my version of Sarge looks a lot different to how most others had drawn him. I think he's probably the most unique of my humanisations, and also one of my favourites (also my second fave Cars character).

Fillmore! Not totally coloured here, but this is my take on Fillmore. This particular piece was drawn for my mum, she's also a cars collector - Fillmore exclusive. My whole family are fans of VW Camper vans, making Fillmore a much loved character here.

Tow Mater. He was a fun one to design human-wise. Back when Cars was first released, Mater was definitely my favourite character. I still think he's pretty cool now, I've got a few diecasts of him around the place.

Here's the Delinquent road hazards! Done in pencil, a medium I actually really hate using. But I pulled through here and managed to produce this set of headshots. For the record, Wingo and Snot rod are my favourites, doesn't mean I don't like Boost and DJ though XD

Custom Figures

Haven't got any photographs on hand of my Cars customs, but I can show you my humanised Doc and Sheriff custom figurines.

Doc and Doc! The custom figurine was made by pulling apart a counterfit japanese 'nendoroid series' figure, and resculpting and painting literally everything. He stands at about 11cm tall, with somewhat poseable limbs and head. His face expression can actually be changed, too.

And here's Sheriff. He was made the same way that Doc was, and also has inter-changeable faces and arms. He unfortunately ended up with more hair than I originally planned. Ah well.

Here's a shot of both of them with their alternate face plates. And an American flag, because patriotism! (I'm actually 1/4 american myself, funnily enough.)

Well, there you go, hope you enjoyed the show!

-Inky

very interesting

Comment

Impressive, you are definitely a talented artist.

Comment

Cool!

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

Great artwork, InkyBlackKnight! Thank you for sharing.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Mater looks great. Maybe not as skinny, but I see that is your style. Same with the Tunerz. I always pictured Doc Hudson looking like Paul Newman when he starred in The Color of Money. I pictured Filmore looking more like Chong from Up in Smoke. Sarge I pictured as Lee Ermey from Full Metal Jacket.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

The Delinquent Road Hazards actually look a whole lot like the Cars characters.

Nice job!

Comment

Working...
              X