Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrBrownstone
    replied
    Great updates Scavenger (I've been absent recently). That quality masking tape that you use will really make a difference to the quality...

And I concur on the wheels - they're a nightmare!!!

Leave a comment:

• Scavenger
    replied
    Yes..painting the wheels is tough..I added that to the tut today as well. I still haven't found a good way to do it! I use a paint marker for now. I like the look when I use the airbrush, but if I overspray to the tire it becomes an even bigger problem! Paintin with a brush did not look very good to me, but that doesnt mean it can't be done!

Leave a comment:

• All4Mase
    replied
    Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
    Tutorial is pretty much complete! I need to clean some stuff up and maybe do a little reorganizing to make it easier to follow, but for the most part everyone should be able to complete there own custom by using this guide at this point!

Please if anyone has any questions post them up here and I will be glad to help!! I check the boards quite often and you may get an answer pretty quickly. No need to pm me, it much better to ask here so everyone can see the question and answer...it may help them too!
    Thank you Jim, this has inspired me to start flexing my creative side again. Also, thank you for all of your advice recently.

One question I'd post here so others can see:
    Have you ever attempted painting the wheels, and if so, how did you feel about the end result?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Scavenger
    replied
    Tutorial is pretty much complete! I need to clean some stuff up and maybe do a little reorganizing to make it easier to follow, but for the most part everyone should be able to complete there own custom by using this guide at this point!

Please if anyone has any questions post them up here and I will be glad to help!! I check the boards quite often and you may get an answer pretty quickly. No need to pm me, it much better to ask here so everyone can see the question and answer...it may help them too!

Leave a comment:

• Scavenger
    replied
    LOL Carslover!!

Updated!

Leave a comment:

• carslover
    replied
    Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
    Thanks! It is quite the process, but once you have done it a few times its not as overwhelming! Not that it becomes any less work, but you dont feel as anxious about the whole thing!!

Oh and if anyone is wondering what happens if you paint when its too cold see the pic below! This was what happened when I applied clear coat in the cold, but the same thing will happen in the painting stages when its too cold! I was not a happy camper to say the least when this happened!

you can make it a limited edition with crackle finish

Leave a comment:

• Scavenger
    replied
    Originally posted by DjB View Post
    You are the man! It's amazing how much work goes into transforming these little guys.
    Thanks! It is quite the process, but once you have done it a few times its not as overwhelming! Not that it becomes any less work, but you dont feel as anxious about the whole thing!!

Oh and if anyone is wondering what happens if you paint when its too cold see the pic below! This was what happened when I applied clear coat in the cold, but the same thing will happen in the painting stages when its too cold! I was not a happy camper to say the least when this happened!

Leave a comment:

• DjB
    replied
    You are the man! It's amazing how much work goes into transforming these little guys.

Leave a comment:

• Scavenger
    replied
    Updated!!

Leave a comment:

• Scavenger
    replied
    Updated...but not complete yet!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    I asked Scavenger if he'd create a tutorial with step by step directions with photos... he was kind enough to honor my request... he's been making several customs recently and I thought others would appreciate the steps.

I'd forgotten about the other topic in this section - I don't read every post in every sub-forum.

Seeing these directions makes me wish I could make my own customs... but I know me better than that.

And one of these days I hope we can make an announcement about a certain custom racer that several of us are wanting to see.

Leave a comment:

• MrBrownstone
    replied
    No worries Scavenger - I never got around to finishing mine...

Your customs are much better than mine so I'm definitely interested in how you produce yours. Maybe a thread linking through to the different tutorial as a sticky would help. When I first produced my customs I read multiple different guides and pulled mine together from the techniques that I preferred. I'll bet that I've actually changed a process or two since I wrote that guide!!!

I'm still looking to find a good way to apply decals.... I mess those up lots!!!

Leave a comment:

• KK&PP_Cars
    replied
    This is very cool, can't wait to see part two...

Leave a comment:

• Scavenger
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
    We can stick this thread if required, but there are already 2 other threads for this on this first page of topics!!!

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...e-a-Custom-Car

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...o-make-customs
    Didn't realize you had a thread here mrbrownstone..a sticky is not necessary it was just a suggestion.

That other link was just a question not a tutorial...although it did lead to some replies taking you to other tutorials.
    Last edited by Scavenger; 11-13-2013, 01:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MrBrownstone
    replied
    We can stick this thread if required, but there are already 2 other threads for this on this first page of topics!!!

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...e-a-Custom-Car

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...o-make-customs

Leave a comment:

Working...
X