No announcement yet.

The Great Pixar Cars Diecast Custom Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the extent of my Cars custom work... custom Cars Christmas ornaments...

Chick Fan Tia and Gold Mia:

Lightning McQueen and Flo:

I've probably turned about 70 extra Cars into ornaments; I have a tree down in the family room that's been up since October 2009.

Using a 1/16" titanium drill bit in a variable speed drill, drill a hole in top of the Car.
    Carefully twist a screw eye into the hole; I use needle nose pliers.
    Add the ornament hook.
    Place on tree.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

sometimes the "easier" things have the best results

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Great work GotFrank and cac1959

Comment

Tomorrow is the last day to enter the PixarCarsDiecast.com Custom Challenge...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'm not going to manage to finish my diarama.... (aaarrrggghhh)

I've got 3 decals to apply to two cars in order to enter them - I'm getting cutting right now as the decals are printed!!!

Comment

Last minute entries....

Apologies for the poor photo quality - I was pushed for time - I got literally 10 minutes to take the photos and upload them onto here.....

1st car - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Lightning McQueen

2nd car - Garth's Pacer from Wayne's World...

I enjoyed making these. I need to do more to get better working with decal paper - it was more difficult that I remembered....

I'm also unsure about how the clear coat smudged the paint onto the Pacer's eyes.....

I'll try to tidy them up when I have time and re-post pictures again...

Comment

Great job everyone!
                The contest is officially closed for 2012; sorry for the delay. I have been away from the site for about 6 weeks recovering from pneumonia!
                I will add everyones name to the Canadian hat and start the draw for prizes this week.
                Stay posted for the category winners and the upcoming 2013 custom pitty challenge

Comment

Here are the contest winners:

Experienced:
                  Pitty: No entries
                  Hauler: GotFrank (he was the only one that entered a hauler in the category lol)
                  Racer: Mr Brownstone (he was the only one that entered a racer in this category lol)

Beginner:
                  Custom LMQ: King Andy for his monster truck LMQ
                  Custom Racer:

Thanks to everyone who entered!
                  Prizes will be mailed out in the next week or so. If you are a winner, please PM your mailing address.
                  Also, prizes may not be as originally described; but they will be cool never the less.
                  Last edited by cac1959; 01-24-2013, 04:17 AM. Reason: Administrator edit

Comment

Congratulations to the winners... there is going to be a re-draw for the Beginner Custom Racer category - prize winners must be PixarCarsDiecast.com members in good standing; banned users are not eligible to win prizes.

Thank you, cvc1968, for your efforts in this contest and for the prizes.

Comment

Is there going to be another one for this year?

Comment

Cool Papa wins in the Beginner Custom Racer category!
                        Congrats Cool Papa; send me your mailing address

Comment

??? So I didn't win? Why? I didn't get banned?

Comment

Here are the contest winners - the list is updated as of January 24, 2013:

Experienced:
                            Pitty: No entries
                            Hauler: GotFrank (he was the only one that entered a hauler in the category lol)
                            Racer: Mr Brownstone (he was the only one that entered a racer in this category lol)

Beginner:
                            Custom LMQ:
                            King Andy for his monster truck LMQ
                            Custom Racer: coolpappa04

Thanks to everyone who entered!
                            Prizes will be mailed out in the next week or so. If you are a winner, please PM your mailing address.
                            Also, prizes may not be as originally described; but they will be cool never the less.

Comment

Originally posted by King Andy View Post
                              ??? So I didn't win? Why? I didn't get banned?

Andy - you won the beginner Custom LMQ category... we re-drew for the Beginner Custom Racer category.

Comment

Ok my bad! Thx

Comment

Working...
                                X