X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that your TRU had a CUBE for Disney Planes. would love to see pictures of that one! Stopped at 2 Walmart, 2 Target and a TRU this morning. TRU had a full end cap set up. They also have a sale going that if you spend $50 you get $10 off. The singles are still cheaper at Walmart even with the sale! 1 Target had nothing on the floor, and no one knew what I was talking about. The other Target had empty pegs set up for singles but the 4 packs and the gift sets were there. Neither Walmart had anything out, but I did speak to one employee in toys and she said they were just about to bring it to the floor. I waited for a moment, and she just decided to invite me inside the stockroom door so I could check it out. I picked up what I needed for a friend at Walmart and Target ... but have not decided if I am going to do these yet ... IDK ... right now, they aren't doing much for me. Maybe after we see the move my interest will be peaked.

Here was TRU:

2013-06-28_10-00-43_476.jpg
    Last edited by jestrjef; 06-28-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Apart from the 1 target yesterday, no sign of planes anywhere else...

Comment

Finally found them had to drive over an hour away but here's what I gotimage.jpg

Comment

When you crack open that Aircraft Carrier, let us know what you think about it ... I just cannot imagine all the parts are there ... I think there should be a second box lolol

Comment

Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
            When you crack open that Aircraft Carrier, let us know what you think about it ... I just cannot imagine all the parts are there ... I think there should be a second box lolol
            I'm probably keeping it all boxed until the movie comes out...... Ill stage it all in the living room as a surprise after the movie !

Comment

TRU had the cube display of planes
              it's more of a rectangle than cube though
              the same arrangement the cars were on during their $1 sale a while back
              went to 2 walmarts and target
              no sign of planes or new cars

Comment

Multiple stores and stops today... TRU had the rectangle (cube) and end cap - got 3 Ishanti... I returned to the Target I'd stopped at in the morning and they'd put out 4 packs, some playsets, and the pitty/plane pack... no sign of Planes at Walmart, Kmart, or Meijer today.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                  Multiple stores and stops today... TRU had the rectangle (cube) and end cap - got 3 Ishanti... I returned to the Target I'd stopped at in the morning and they'd put out 4 packs, some playsets, and the pitty/plane pack... no sign of Planes at Walmart, Kmart, or Meijer today.
                  nice finds Chris
                  my target had nothing which is more the norm than I would like

Comment

TRU was the only place to have stuff. Nada at two walmart and a target.
                    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372472152.040362.jpg
                    My haul

Comment

• Originally posted by Bubba101212 View Post
                      TRU was the only place to have stuff. Nada at two walmart and a target.
                      [ATTACH]2490[/ATTACH]
                      My haul
                      nice I got all those too

Comment

• I had both my 5 year old and my 3 year old with me yesterday morning and we were all ready to hunt for Planes! They haven't been excited about toy hunting in quite some time. My 5 year old actually got tired of trying to find Francesco Fan Maters. We hit a Target first hoping to score some 4 packs. Nothing. Then we went to Walmart to find some singles. Nothing. Then we got our car washed so the kids enjoyed that. We went to another Walmart accross town and didn't find any Planes there either. The kids were starting to get worried. We tried a Kmart next. Still nothing. Then we went to a TRU. Still nothing. I asked an employee and he knew they were supposed to get the Planes today, but they never showed up on the truck. We decided to go to the next town west of where we were. While driving westbound on I-70, the kids spotted a Toy R Us truck going eastbound. They said maybe the truck dropped off the Planes at the TRU where we were going and were on the way to the TRU where we just were. I laughed at them and stopped for lunch. After lunch, we checked another Target and still didn't find anything. We decided to try one more TRU before going home. Good thing we did because we found this...

The kids were right. The TRU truck did just drop this pallet off. We ended up getting the same things that Bubba did; the 3 tents, Skipper, LeadBottom, Ripslinger, and Ishanti. Got 2 Ishantis because that seemed to be my 3 year old's favorite and it was shortpacked. The TRU regular price was $13.99 for the tent sets, and $6.49 for the singles. No price markers or sale signs, but my receipt discounted each item I think by 15%. Not sure if it had to do with my rewards card or not. The tents were like $12 and the singles were like $5.50. Not too far off the Walmart price.

BobbyJack carried the bag out to the car. We opened the Dusty tent set and Ishanti. I'm going to check another Target after work today and see if I can find a 4 pack with Chug. Then I can return Skipper and Leadbottom. Or I can hold on to the extra a little while and see if the open ones hold up after some rough play. They scale great with the other Take Flight Cars that have been released, so I'm glad I went with Mattel instead of Disney Store. Looking forward to finding Bravo and Echo so they can fly with Marco and Stu!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• Don't ya just love when the kids are right?
                          Really glad ya found them!
                          My 4 year old niece has already called me to see if I found her "that one girl plane" haha.

Comment

• checked ds in town today, some planes stuff, didnt give me the wow factor so it was quite easy to leave well alone, my wallet sighed a sign of relief and so did I
                            some new cars stuff (for them), ggg, asked about planes, their sale etc, got the normal bs from ds staff, sorry crew or something naff like that

Comment

• bobby jack, your kids look well chuffed, you should posted one of your good self too

Comment

• Congrats bobbyjack! Persistence sure does pay off.
                                I'm like your kids, whenever I see a Walmart truck driving in town I always wonder if there are any Cars on it as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X