Yorkie Aircraft Carrier playset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkie Aircraft Carrier playset

The only image available it seems, lo-res but gives an idea. Looks similar to DS Combat Ship, comes with Navy Dusty by looks of it and also self-assembly?

Last edited by Enzo; 06-24-2013, 09:16 AM.

a friend of mine managed to get one from somewhere but unable to share the picture.
    he told me that we need to assemble the control tower to the deck and apply the stickers ourself.
    The length he said is slightly longer than the action agent battle station but shorter than the disney battle station.
    Last edited by wintermelon; 06-11-2013, 04:29 AM.

Comment

I think I'll wait and see if the Disney Store puts out something like the Combat Ship. That thing was awesome.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
        I think I'll wait and see if the Disney Store puts out something like the Combat Ship. That thing was awesome.
        Can't see it given they've released this...

http://www.disneystore.com/planes-fl...31980/1000265/

Comment

They didn't release the big Combat ship until around Thansgiving 2011. Maybe they will do the same; wait and see if Planes is successful.

Comment

Really love that one, I allready made one myself some several months ago. I posted some pics in the custom section!

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              Can't see it given they've released this...

http://www.disneystore.com/planes-fl...31980/1000265/
              I watched the review of this on you tube - its so funny - the playset actually looks like fun but the buoys don't float!

Comment

We had a Geo Trax playset with a flying helicopter... it looks similar to this... it was fun when my grandson was about 3... before Cars...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Blu has now reviewed the Mattel Yorkie playset.

Can't say I'm impressed with the flimsy hinged plastic and sticker thing.

The Mattel line of Planes looks small and plasticky too.

C'mon Disney Store, time to release your own and blow this out of the water...literally!

(Custom is the way forward until then )

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ik0vsAados

Comment

Hmmm .... looks like I might have made the right choice purchasing one to custom from Ross a few weeks back!! Still need to wait until I see it in person though. Enzo, I saw the Mattel planes for a little while on Saturday, and I thought the same thing ... SMALL .... sigh ...

Comment

Jeff, I think it's interesting that Blu left Hector Vector in the background of the video.

He's a DS deluxe metal diecast and aside from his cool working shades, he looks great. The contrast with this Mattel ship and the planes (even the storage facility isn't really custom, just shove 'em in and close the flimsy brittle hatch) could not be starker.

Comment

I don't mind the size, in fact, I think I prefer them smaller, but I DO NOT like the idea of tossing them in a large open area like that. I think that is the deal breaker for me. I was going to get this and 6 planes for the boy, but I guess not.

Comment

All this talk reminded me of one of my sons favorites to play with..believe it is made by matchbox.

Just needs some eyes and it will be good to go!

Comment

You know what would be really cool? If somehow Disney could somehow rework this...

This thing was like $100 back in 1985. Wonder what something like that would cost today?

Comment

For me, Disney Store could just adapt the Tony/Combat Ship storage case template with a carrier shape, "hat and shades" bridge and longer deck, just as we've seen with those customs.

Bundle it with Skipper, Bravo & Echo diecasts and they could practically help themselves to my wallet.

Comment

Working...
                              X