No announcement yet.

Do Any Cars or Planes Share Your Name?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Any Cars or Planes Share Your Name?

Throwback Tuesday, July 16, 2019... I eagerly looked forward to adding the next generation Combustr racer, Chris Roamin... after all, he shares my name... Do any Cars share your name? If so, let's see photos in your reply.

From an early 2018 singles case.

Determined look on his face...

Here's what you'll see when I leave you in the dust during the race:

Combustr: production code L26A... L for 2018... A is factory A... made in Thailand... Product code shows FLL32 but the cardback shows FLL73 for the product code.

Thanks for reading... as always, I appreciate your comments... and let's see photos of Cars that share your name... I know some of you have the same name as some Cars and/or Planes!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

FLL32 is actually Rich Mixon. The European clipstrip version of Rich Mixon has FLL32 on the bottom of the car, whereas the SKU is GGJ84.

I share a name with Nigel Gearsley. Irrespective of that, I like the car as it's almost quintessentially a very English looking car!

My favourite all time racing driver is Nigel Mansell, not because of the name, but because he was a great driver. For much of his career, he had an inferior car (3.0 litre non-turbo Ford engine) compared to the 1.5 litre turbo engines, but still gave them a good run for their money. It's a shame he never got to drive a 1.5 litre turbo engine, as I'm sure he'd have picked up a few World Championships! Unlike some of the huge egos of other drivers throughout time, he was quite down to earth!

Comment

Josh Coolant, never made in 1:55...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz1TjCphXE

Comment

Josh Coolant was one that I was eagerly looking forward to.... thanks Mattel for not releasing it.

Here are a few more from formerly active members on the PCD website

Raginpage - Brent is Brent Mustangburger.
        Jstrjef - Jeff is Jeff Gorvette
        gipsy02 - Christina is Christina Wheeland
        Ferris - Darren is Darren Leadfoot, aka Shiny Wax
        Bobbyjack - shares a name with Bob Cutlass

I'll add more if and when I think of them.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
        X