Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mattel Metal Mini Racers - Cars 3 Ideas - Round out the racing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattel Metal Mini Racers - Cars 3 Ideas - Round out the racing.

Folks,

Cars 3 is well represented by the Mattel Metal Mini Racers cars... Especially the Thunder Hollow Derby Cars... Every important plot car is represented (sans Guido.. but everyone knows that).

The Next Gen Racers look good with (Jackson, Tim, Danny, HJ-HenryJames and well Cruz is a next gen car too really). Adding Spikey Fillups and Ryan Laney will get that generation up to 6 or 7 racers. Respectable representation. No more additions needed (unless folks want wraps, glow in the dark, silver, etc.. variations)

However, the collection is just a bit shy on Current Gen Racers and the Legend Racers

Current Gen has (McQueen, Cal, Murray, Bobby). Brick is being added as an XRS car, but perhaps the stock edition would be good as well, which would make 5 cars of that generation. Would be nice to add just 1 or 2 more to get the number to 6 or 7 racers.. Again respectable representation. Who would they be? Chuck Armstrong (unlikely as Dud is a already there as a Mood car....see my updates in the post that follows), Todd Marcus (no Stall) good orange black color, Lee Revkins (good purple color), Kevin RacingTire (good pink color w/ a mustache).

However, the Legends is small... (Doc, River, Leroy, Louise)… Smokey's not a race car, just a chief. It would be nice to add Junior ! Junior Moon had a speaking part, raced through the Mountains, hung out through the training in Thomasville. Adding him would give the Legends at least 5 cars. Sweet Tea could be added as well.. just give some pit crew interest to the Legends along with Smokey.
    Last edited by ODwyerPW; 11-18-2019, 01:46 AM.

Update on Next Gen.... Mattel has added many... In addition to what I listed above we now have:
    Conrad Camber, Sheldon Shifter, Harvey RodCap, George New-Win, Aaron Clocker, Paul Conrev.

Next Gen cars is up to 12 or 13 now.... (depending if you count Cruz.... and you should)
    (*I've got a Jasper Philip Drive AppleCar custom from JoJo to add to this bunch too)

Update on Current Gen Piston Cup racers that Mattel has added:
    Bruce Miller, Brick Yardley (normal, non XRS), Dud Throttleman, Rex Revler,

So Current Gen Piston Cup is upto 8 now...
    (*I've got a Mac iCar AppleCar custom from JoJo to add to this bunch too)

Update on Legends, Mattel has released:
    HeyDay Smokey (but again, he's not a racer).

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing new Mini Racers, ODwyerPW... I have not bought any 5, 10, 15, or 21 packs of Mini Racers and don't intend to - I think it's too much money to spend to get 1 or 2 new Cars... I am looking forward to seeing new Mini Racers in the boxed singles and 3 packs... t am glad to see their are more Next Gen Mini Racers coming... and other new Mini Racers too.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
      X