April 29, 2020: A Tale of 2 Jonas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 29, 2020: A Tale of 2 Jonas

A Tale of 2 Jonas Carvers... here are photos showing the Jonas Carvers from 2020 Singles case D (and E) and the new Scavenger Hunt Metallic Jonas Carvers from 2020 Singles case G... Enjoy!

Here's the opened Jonas from case D along with the Scavenger Hunt Metallic Jonas from case G:

Let's zoom in a little bit:

Freed from its plastic prison:

You can really tell the difference between the regular red paint and the metallic red paint:

The differences between the reds is even noticeable on the rear of the Cars:

Overhead view:

Production codes:

Production codes M47A and N04A... made week 47 of 2019 and week 4 of 2020 respectively (both at the A factory)

Out in the sun:

Against a black background (and on top of a black glass shelf):

With the rest of Team No Stall in the display case... I haven't added the Cars 3 Piston Cup racer to the display case yet... I also have not opened the semi (Cab)... I opened one which GotFrank turned into a custom Team Radiator Springs cab/hauler.

Which of the 2 Jonas Carvers is your favorite? Mine is definitely the one with the metallic paint.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I do prefer the metallic version, I haven't believed the Thailand metallic cars look up to the standard of the China one's, they have
    an effect to them that almost looks like they've printed the colour onto the silver base coat, much like the decals.

I think it's a good idea having the Next-Gens as Metallic versions as they do look a lot more shiny and metallic in the movie, which is why I was impressed with the second version of Tim Treadless.

Comment

Working...
    X