Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming PCD server migration (4/10/2024)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming PCD server migration (4/10/2024)

March 24, 2024... this weekend I received an e-mail from the company that hosts the PixarCarsDiecast.com website... Our website is being migrated to a new webserver on Wednesday April 10, 2024.

There is a possibility that the website may be inaccessible for awhile during the migration process or after the migration.

Only a handful of users are currently using the website... but I want to get the word out.

If you need to contact me, you may send me an e-mail at carter.chris @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces around the @)

I also encourage you look for us on Facebook... the PixarCarsDiecast.com group is found at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/448729615153289/

The website hosting fees for the next year are due by the end of April 2024... as of now I am intending to renew for one more year - I'm getting close to retiring from work and I'd like to archive the information... I may look into another way of storing the information on the web as well.

Cheers...

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

It's great to hear that the site has got another year!

There are a number of UK based collectors, who used to frequent PCD, but have had problems logging in.

This happened to me a while back. I'd log in, but nothing happened. One day, I was patient, and waited for around five minutes, until the login process was completed. From that moment, it has been OK.

If anyone is reading this and has had trouble logging in, you may have the same problem I had. Once you get a successful login, that might resolve the problem? Hopefully!

P.S. I have an option to take early retirement next year.

Friends who have done so, say I won't regret it (retiring that is, not outstaying your welcome at work)!

My work is a very ageist place now. It's also becoming like that in the UK generally!

We have Equality and anti-discrimination (including employment) laws in England and Wales (Scotland and have their own laws) as do Northern Ireland, but clearly there are so many loopholes!

The protections don't appear to apply to Christians, patriots, men (especially older) and now women's rights and spaces are being eroded! We are run by a minority for the benefit of a minority (who shout the loudest)!

Comment

• cac1959
      cac1959 commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate your comments, niftynigel... So you have an option to take early retirement - amazing... you've been on PCD almost since the beginning.

My wife doesn't want me to retire but I'm tired of working and want to enjoy life.... we will see what happens.

I received an e-mail that the migration to the new web server has completed... I have logged onto it to post this comment...

At home I'm able to log in using any browser but at work I have to use Firefox... I'm not sure what the problem is with Chrome.

I will keep everyone posted as to the what's going on with the PCD website.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

April 26, 2024... I have paid the hosting fees and domain registration fees for the upcoming 12 months... I contacted tech support about obtaining a SSL certificate... they told me the website already had one and I had to edit a file and add 4 lines of code to make the site a secure site... I figured out how to make the change, saved the edited file... and it is still not displaying as a secure website.

I guess I will continue to research the issue.

I have thought about moving the service to vBulletin cloud hosting... vBulletin would take care of the updates on the software that runs the domain and I'd just have to post content... however, the yearly fees would go from $80 to $180... decisions, decisions.

I'll have time to put more effort into the website once I retire...

Comment

Working...
      X