Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future's looking bleak in the Uk for 2012!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future's looking bleak in the Uk for 2012!!!

Following on from my updates in other threads regarding communications with Mattell UK and that new cars will be coming to the UK from October 2012, I asked them if they could confirm what cars would be coming, more specifically listed the cars I'd not seen in the UK that I know have been released in the US and mainland Europe.

The response I received said "Hello Please see attached the list of cars 2 that will be out in 2012"

I felt excited...... then I opened the attachment:

Standard

W1941 McQueen w/ Racing Wheels
    W1942 Francesco Bernoulli
    W1948 Jeff* Gorvette
    W1943 Holley Shiftwell
    W1953 Rod Torque Redline
    W1961 Lewis Hamilton (Pixar GT1)
    W1951 Raoul CaRoule
    W1959 Shu Todoroki (LMP)
    W1958 Max Schnell (DTM Racer)
    X6877 Mel Dorado
    W1960 Miguel Camino
    W1945 Acer (minion)
    W1950 Sarge w/ Team McQueen Deco
    W1955 Zapor (minion)
    W1946 Grem (minion)
    X6880 Ramone's Epilogue (CHASE)
    W1952 Carla* Veloso
    W1949 Fillmore w/ Team Deco
    W1956 Hydraulic Ramone
    W1957 Nigel Gearsley (Aston Martin)
    W1944 Professor Z
    W1962 Maserato
    W1954 Miles Axlerod
    W1947 Guido (V2098) & Luigi (V2097)
    X6878 Airport Security Van (CHASE)

Deluxe

9. THE POPEMOBILE (V2852) no
    10. THE QUEEN (W6710) yes
    11. KIMURA KAISO (W6711) no
    12. FUNNY CAR MATER (W6712) yes
    13. TACO TRUCK MATER (W6713) yes
    14. TAIA DECOTURA (W6714) no
    15. ANDY GEARSDALE no
    16. MUGGSY LIFTSOME no

I assume that "Maserato" is Carlos Maserati. I have no lidea who Zapor (minion) is. But my guess is that it's Don Crumlin based on the rest of the cars on the list.

So to me, that's 2 new singles that I've not seen....!!! Not looking good, although it does look like we'll be getting some new Deluxe cars.

2 new cars in 5 months (that'll be none to djjd21 as I know he's found these already in Wales)

Hopefully this information is wrong, but it's come from Mattel...

Obviously I've gone back and asked them to clarify - I'll let you all know what response I receive

Interesting, and not in a good way...

The only thing that I might mention is that I believe I've read in the past that Mattel's product year runs November through October... 2012 cases started appearing in a very limited basis in November 2011... Of course, that's in the US and Mattel US and Mattel International are not the same.

Since Carlo Maserati was first released in the case with Lewis Hamilton, I think you're assumption about Maserato is correct.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

"zapor" officially known as petrov trunkov

well bang goes my hopes of getting a popemobile on an international card
      and only one new car i'm looking out for,officer murakami.
      and why has kimura kaizo been dropped and taco truck mater been included?
      not making much sense.

Comment

jason i found a random officer at work last week do you still need him?

Comment

thats bad news for u guys mr B. there is always us that can help .

Comment

Maybe they forgot to send out a container to the UK? or maybe they need to be told that we have already seen these cars in the UK as they might not know what they are talking about. They might need some help with finding out what's already out there as they probably dont know or they might not care?

I was really hoping that I was going to be wrong, I still hope I am wrong and they sort the issue out.

Thanks for the info Mr B

Comment

That's too bad...I guess you get the Olympics, we get the Cars?

Comment

Well, so much for Mattel's info....

Still not heard back from them and I'm now blaming them for me missing out on Becky Wheelin...!!!

Tuesday and Thursday evenings are delivery days at my local Disney Store, but last Friday I decided not to go check as they've not had anythign recently. I went in today to ask if they were expecting any cars on tonights delivery (which they said one case - yippee), however they had a case with Becky Wheelin delivered last Thursday which I've missed out on.

Hopefully it'll be the same case that gets delivered tonight...

I think another e-mail to Mattel is required asking them why they sent me duff information...!!!

Comment

i think they know exactly what they are doing,they just don't want the release the information.

Comment

I have only seen ONE Taia Decotura in a carded back that sold from Hong Kong about 2 weeks ago. I have never seen another before or since. So I'm wondering where these all are and when if ever we'll see more distributed.

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
                      I have only seen ONE Taia Decotura in a carded back that sold from Hong Kong about 2 weeks ago. I have never seen another before or since. So I'm wondering where these all are and when if ever we'll see more distributed.
                      They just haven't come out yet. I bet we will see them more plentiful around Christmas, whether online or (hopefully) in store. They just have to distribute the cases and get everything all set up.

Comment

Some of you will know me from the Carsthetoys forum. I have been reading this one for a few weeks, considering joining. As many of the posters on here are from the UK, it makes sense for me to post on here too!

My wife and I have only been collecting Cars since February this year! It's been a steep learning curve in the trials and tribulations that is Mattel, in the UK especially!

Anyway, I also had the same reply as MrBrownstone some weeks ago. However, I started to pester them. After sending many e-mails (some just resending the same), they finally gave some positive news. There will be some new models in late September onwards, posssibly around 20 new singles and a few Deluxe.

I managed to coax this information out of them after visiting my local Toys R Us stores who are very helpful in offering details of forthcoming products.

Mattel said that Cars Take Flight would not be coming to the UK.

Toys R Us confirmed that they would and that they are TRU exclusives. TRU also confirmed this week that Radiador Springs Classic singles and other stuff will also be available from early October (estimated). I can only guess that TRU source supplies directly from Mattel Asia, Mattel Europe as well as Mattel UK, hence the discepancy with Mattel UKs information.

Mattel UK were honest enough (in the end) to admit that they had plenty of stocks of old Cars 2 singles and that's why they haven't imported too much newer stuff. The odd new vehicle like Don Crumlin and Becky Wheelin' will turn up occasionally before they arrive in greater quantities from late September.

Sainsburys and Wilkinsons are in the process of resets. Shops near me have recently had large orders. The Deluxe models are now all the US style cards with the names on the front. If that is the way ahead, then I may swap some of my International Deluxe cards to keep them all the same.

It's now the football season and I'll be in London a lot more, so if anyone wants a London stock update from TRU, Smyths, Sainsburys, Tesco, Hamleys, Toymaster let me know and I'll post info of any relevance!

Comment

Thanks for the info niftynigel

I'm part way through e-mail exchanges with Mattel UK (I'm getting the nil response treatment at the moment) but hope to get the same info as you - I'll settle for that over what we've had the last 6 months

Why do they make it hard to get the information...???!!! (retorical question)

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                            Mattel UK were honest enough (in the end) to admit that they had plenty of stocks of old Cars 2 singles and that's why they haven't imported too much newer stuff. The odd new vehicle like Don Crumlin and Becky Wheelin' will turn up occasionally before they arrive in greater quantities from late September.
                            That's funny as my reply from Mattel was also different.

Singles
                            Vladimir Trunkov – we missed his mix but he will reappear soon
                            Victor Hugo – we missed his mix but he will reappear soon
                            Kabuto – coming soon
                            Bindo – coming soon
                            Alex Vandel – coming soon
                            Alexander Hugo – we missed his mix and I don’t think he reappears soon

Chase
                            Becky Wheelin - – we missed her mix and I don’t think she reappears soon
                            Prince Whelliam - – we missed his mix and I don’t think he reappears soon

Super Chase
                            Flash – can’t find any reference to this
                            Long Ge – can’t find any reference to this

Normally chase cars only appear in one case so will the UK ever see these cars? who knows?

Comment

The UK missing out on Prince Wheeliam surely can't be right!!!

Becky Wheelin was seen at my local Disney Store the other week, but I missed out, and now they're getting the Radiator Springs Ramone cases back in

I also hope we don't miss out on the Super Chases either...

Comment

Working...
                              X