The Wal-Mart reset has begun!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wal-Mart reset has begun!

Went back to Wal-Mart yesterday and saw that the reset has begun. The Cars had been moved in the same aisle but on the different side and Batman took it's place. The Cars section had gotten smaller- It went from 12 Pegs of Singles to 9 Pegs, 3 Pegs of Deluxe to 2, 3 Pegs of 2 Packs to 2, and like 16 Pegs of Action Agents were scaled down to 6. Then there were the same amount of Lights and Sounds, and then 3 Empty Pegs which I'm guessing will be Micro Drifters.

And here's the good news!
    I asked a nice employee if any more Cars will be coming soon, and he amazingly said YES!! He said they should be here by the beginning of next week, so I'm hoping to see some good ol' Cases of Micro Drifters and 2 Packs (Leland Turbo!). I'm really excited for it and will let you know what I find. Have other Wal-Marts began their reset yet?

Also, this is how the Pegs looked:
    Single -- Single -- Single -- 2 Pack -- Action Agent -- Action Agent -- Action Agent -- L&S -- Quick Changers -- Empty Peg (Micro Drifters?)

Single -- Single -- Single -- 2 Pack -- Action Agent -- Action Agent -- Action Agent -- L&S -- Quick Changers -- Empty Peg (Micro Drifters?)

Single -- Single -- Single -- Deluxe -- Deluxe -- Maybe Launchers? Can't remember-- L&S -- Quick Changers -- Empty Peg (Micro Drifters?)

Nice to hear ! i wish there will be lots of Mack and WalMart hauler..

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the Walmart reset, Fillmore1234... I'm not surprised to hear that the Cars section has gotten smaller - with next to no new product to sell, Cars sales have gone down so they think they don't need as much space.

Lots of room for Action Agents - they must have loads of old stock because the product line has been dropped.

I'd like to see new 2 packs - the only thing I think that might cause us not to see the Leland Turbo 2 pack is that it's packed with Finn McMissile... and Walmart may have said to Mattel no more Finn McMissile... They may not know that Finn/Leland is different than Finn/Tomber.

I may head to Indy later this afternoon - if I do, I'll check out a couple Walmart stores along with TRU and possibly Kmart and Target and Kohl's.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I have checked about 5 different Walmarts since Thursday and no sign of Wally or the new Mack Hauler yet. I found some more Acer w/ helmets but still no Leland Turbo/Mama Topolino 2 packs.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Went to Indianapolis today for a Nathan's Playroom board meeting... stopped at a few stores before the meeting... 1 of 4 Walmart stores was going through the reset... here's some of what I found:

Looks like a second wave of Micro Drifters... with Raoul Caroule:

With Nigel and Jeff:

I think we've seen the rest of the 3 packs that I saw...

They also had a case of the haulers... 4 Mack and 2 Wally:

Haulers were $12.97 each... I wanted to buy them... but without funds all I did was take pictures...

Another Walmart was getting ready for the reset... Lights and Sounds were down to $5 each... but again, I bought nothing.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Great news that there are still more Micro Drifters coming. Do you remember what the price was?

I also may buy a bunch of the Lights and Sounds if they are $5 here too. I still need all of them except for Spy Finn and Spy Mater.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
              Great news that there are still more Micro Drifters coming. Do you remember what the price was?

I also may buy a bunch of the Lights and Sounds if they are $5 here too. I still need all of them except for Spy Finn and Spy Mater.
              The Micro Drifters 3 packs were $5.97 at the one Walmart that I saw them at... Only 1 of 4 Walmart stores I stopped at currently had them and the haulers out for sale.

Only 1 of the 4 was currently clearing out the Lights and Sounds at $5.00... I saw Spy Finn and Spy Mater at a another Walmart, but they were still $8.88 each.

I like the Lights and Sounds singles... next to the metallic finish TRU racers, they are my favorite Cars2 product line.

Comment

I need L&S Sarge w/ headphones. Can't think of any other L&S cars I want. If we already have the diecast version, and the L&S is the same, we have skipped them. Spy Finn and Spy Mater are the only ones we have also. Still want that new Mack Hauler. Might have to hit a Walmart after work.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I don't want to steal his thunder... but GOMATERGO found the Mack and Wally haulers this morning in the eastern Indiana town where he teaches... I've not checked the local Walmart...

I'm hoping to be able to get some Wally haulers in the future to use for customs...

Comment

The Walmart in the town I work at just did a reset. Found 4 Mack and 2 Wally :-) They had NO pegs for Deluxe though :-( So much for finding the queen!! They did have micro racers but do not like that I have to get a McQueen in every pack....Lights and sounds are clearanced at $5 here as well

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

The Wal-Mart here has now put up the Micro Drifters and Take Flight pegs. 2 Pegs of Take Flight and 3 of Micro Drifters, but they are sadly empty. They also got in 2 Cases of the Ka-Caio McQueen and Acer with Helmet 2 Packs yesterday, and after a whole day the only ones that have sold were the three I bought.

Looks like lots of people have quit collecting Cars in my town.

On the bright side I found all of the 2012 Cars 2 Lego Sets on Clearance! I bought a Single Francesco for $5 and the playset with Max and Raoul for $21.

Comment

Finally found 2 Toy Employee's (the first time since last Saturday) today putting up new stock in the Lego's. I don't know if I explained it bad (asking them if they had any Micro Drifters and other Cars in the stockroom) but they were both clueless as to what I was trying to say. One kept telling me "It's a long process and we still have more than a dozen pallets to go through, so there should be more eventually." But the other one kept directing me over to the Cars section telling me stuff like I was wondering where they were in the store... which wasn't what I was asking at all and I couldn't get it through to him. So this means it's been 8 days since the reset began and still nothing except for the Acer w/ Helmet Case... only 2 Acer with Helmets and one Ka-Caio McQueen has been sold since they were put out on Tuesday the 14th.

Comment

I seen take flights and micro drifters!

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X