Question - making custom haulers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - making custom haulers

Question for those who have made customs... with the return of the Wally Hauler at Walmart, do you see yourself making custom haulers? What steps are involved in making custom haulers? I'm assuming that starting with a white cab will be easier than starting with one that's painted a different color...

It would be great to have a complete set of the Piston Cup racer hauler sets... it would also be nice to see a custom PixarCarsDiecast.com hauler.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I've never customized a hauler...heck, I've never properly customized a car. But I'd imagine that it would be pretty difficult to do a hauler...It is easier with the Wally hauler though, that car is just a clean slate for those talented with spray paint and stuff like that.

Comment

Yes cac1959 it would be nice to have all of the race team haulers

I imagine that the Wally haulers would be the easiest to customise. I doubt i'll find out as I'm not finding the time to do the projects I have on the cards at the minute

Comment

Any repaint would require full disassembly IMO. And yes white is generally the best base color to repaint.

Comment

Ive never made a custom in my life, but yes white is the best base because if you use any other colors it will mix and look weird.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

I would imagine it all depends on the finish. Colour or no colour, if the finish is too polished it's going to need some sanding and/or stripping for the paint to adhere properly would it not?

I would imagine white would be best anyways, even with some sanding or stripping

Transformers for Trade
            Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Working...
            X