US resets are finally underway - UK resets coming this fall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US resets are finally underway - UK resets coming this fall

This past winter, we mentioned spring resets would be coming... they didn't... then we mentioned in May that summer resets would be coming... they didn't... Now we are finally having fall resets take place... we've posted photos of Target and Walmart resets in other threads... I've seen a couple of Kmart resets and will add photos...

What do all stores have in common? The size of the Cars section is much smaller than it used to be... getting stuck with loads of non-selling merchandise will make a retailer think an entire product line isn't selling.

Here is Kmart after the reset:

4 pegs for singles... 3 pegs for 2 packs... 2 pegs for Deluxe... 3 pegs for Micro Drifters 3 packs... a couple pegs for Take Flight... that's it.

Here's what is on clearance at Kmart:

No more Lights and Sounds... no more launchers... Pit Crew Mater starter kit... action agents... and a few other things... This store thinks launchers don't sell; it's that McQueen and Max launchers don't sell... they think Lights and Sounds don't sell - they never got in any newer than Holley and Francesco at this Kmart.

When I see the "reset" Cars section, I have my doubts about seeing a Kmart 9 day in October.

Here's a Target that's been reset... 12 pegs for singles.

Very little space for their exclusive 4 packs and 7 packs... we want new ones, not the same ones that have been out for months and in some cases over a year.

Quick Changers and Micro Drifters:

Again, much smaller area... fewer pegs for singles and 2 packs and deluxe... launchers are gone... It's not that 2 packs didn't sell - it's that the first 2 cases worth of 2 packs didn't sell.

Here's a Walmart before the reset, I think:

I don't think this one did a reset... I understand Walmart may no longer be carrying Deluxe Cars - too many Submarine and Hydrofoil Finn McMissile ruined it.

One of my friends in Nevada has mentioned that TRU is undergoing a reset and has mentioned that they are going to have 12 pegs for the Radiator Springs Classic singles... I'll definitely be on the lookout for that next time I go to a Toys R US store and ask friends to check as well... Also, a UK member on carsthetoys.com posted that he heard that UK TRU stores will be carrying the Radiator Springs Classic merchandise and that they should be in stores in November.

I'll add a TRU photo next time I get to a TRU store.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I went to 3 TRUs yesterday. 2 in MD and 1 in DE. No Radiator Springs rerelease singles were in any of them. I noticed 1 TRU had been reset since the last time I was there, but the other 2 looked the same.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I went to K-mart and seen Take Flight Mcqueen/Mater/Rescue chopper/And the jet. I couldn't buy them because I don't have the money. And at Walmart I seen a shelf that said "Take Flight Diecast" but someone cleaned them out. So I bought Carlo Maserati.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

I went to the local Walmart during lunch and saw the reset... I have photos from GOMATERGO that I'll upload later... other than the case K Movie Moments, nothing new... still loaded with the 2012 case A singles they put out earlier this week... I may go sort the singles later this weekend.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

The problem for Mattel UK (in particular) is that they (by their own admission) ordered far too much Cars 2 stock initially and they are only now managing to get it down to the sort of levels that require restocking for the pre-Christmas market.

The UK is really suffering economically. That doesn't let Mattel UK off the hook, as there are far too many of the common models and scarce few of others!

TRU have been very helpful in giving lots of info, some of which I shared with Mattel UK. This did help, but I suppose it's down to who you speak to / e-mail as some agents are helpful and others aren't so!

Comment

Add Meijer to the list of US stores now doing resets...

Here's a photo:

For over 3 years Cars had been on the end closest to the aisle... now they are after the various Hot Wheels... total space is a lot less as they've moved the Fisher Price toddler items over to the Cars area...

Down from 24 pegs for singles to 12... I spoke with the team member doing the reset this morning and mentioned singles other than Finn might sell... 24 Finn, 1 Mater, 1 Francesco... they still have 80 Finn singles - not all are on the pegs.

Gone are Launchers, Pullbacks, and Action Agents and most of the first wave of playsets.
            Quick changers are down to 4 pegs from 8... still have 2 pegs of the 2 packs - all are Finn/Tomber and Mater/Zen Master Pitty.
            Lights and Sounds - down to 3 pegs from 6... I organized them to be 1 peg each of Finn, Mater, and McQueen (from case A).
            Deluxe - down to 3 pegs from 6... Anyone need Submarine Finn McMissile?

They have added pegs for 2 new items - 6 pegs for Micro Drifters 3 packs, 3 pegs for Take Flight...

If Take Flight Cars are not case A, they may sell some... if they are case A, it's not going to be good... and I'm not going to collect the Micro Drifters.

There is also much less shelf space for the playsets... they did add space for the Space Mission Adventure set with Roger...

I'm not optimistic I'll be spending much money on Cars at Meijer stores.

Comment

Working...
            X