Piston Cup Racers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piston Cup Racers

After reading cac1959's latest article it reminded me of a question I've often asked myself...

Each Piston Cup racer actually has a name and cac1959 states them all in his articles.

Tank Coat is called Eugene Carbureski but he's always* referred to as "Tank Coat", yet we never call LMQ Rusteze, Chick Hicks HTB or The King Dinoco.

This is true for all of the 33 "other" racers

Thoughts?

*is not actually always as cac1959 does refer to them by name in his articles

As far as I know, they all have actual names. But with so many other cars with names to remember, it is easier to call these guys by their sponsors. They are also only referred to by their sponsors on their packaging.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Your thoughts are the same as mine bobbyjack, but I completely overlooked you last comment of:

"They are also only referred to by their sponsors on their packaging."

Very true...

Comment

No lines in the film for the nameless Cars. (With the exception of Mood Springs' line and some screaming from others during the crash scene.)

Comment

A few years ago I didn't know they had names, so I named them all myself, LOL! Then I learned their "real" names and was just like, oh, oops.

If you lined up the cars, even a non-collector could point out Shiny Wax because it says "Shiny Wax" on the car. They could only guess who Darren Leadfoot was unless they had prior Cars knowledge.

Comment

Working...
          X