No announcement yet.

Kmart Cars Collector Event #9: Oct 20. 2012 - See page 4, post #40

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. Miguel is a disappointment (too much tampo) but the rest are good, escpecially Lewis!

Comment

And if you check the listings, the seller has a picture but the eBay links are for Pre-sale buys.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I know this kmart event seems to be very top secret but Im desperate to know the exact contents. Does anyone have a list of these cars for kmart day 9. I know a few but I need to know how many of each and if there really is Mcqueen in there is it the same as the previous one.

Comment

Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
          I know this kmart event seems to be very top secret but Im desperate to know the exact contents. Does anyone have a list of these cars for kmart day 9. I know a few but I need to know how many of each and if there really is Mcqueen in there is it the same as the previous one.
          I don't believe anyone so far has published solid evidence of the case content
          But most people are guessing at 6 LMQs at least with 2 each of A. Hugo with party hat and Mary Esgocar.

Seems like a pretty good guess to me lol.

Again no solid evidence other then the poster (http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...at-kmart-1020/) to indicate LMQ is in there. They used the identical picture of LMQ from the previous metallic even though.

Maybe there are just messing with our minds and it will actually be a silver Rip LOL

Transformers for Trade
          Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I hope it is a RIP. I have a cousin in the US who will be going to his local Kmart for me and getting plenty for me including store poster. I have asked him to get all the non regulars but he needs to know what silver ones to get and I havent told him as yet because I dont know the exact contents. Hopefully will see a case soon on ebay on some other site. Also wonder if they will be like previous kmart buy 5 get 6th free.

Comment

Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
              I hope it is a RIP. I have a cousin in the US who will be going to his local Kmart for me and getting plenty for me including store poster. I have asked him to get all the non regulars but he needs to know what silver ones to get and I havent told him as yet because I dont know the exact contents. Hopefully will see a case soon on ebay on some other site. Also wonder if they will be like previous kmart buy 5 get 6th free.
              Glad to know your cousin is helping you out, MarknotaMack... I'm amazed that we still don't know the case assortment... As much as I'd like Rip, I don't think we're going to see Rip...

I've been to all 8 of the previous events... the only one that had the buy 5 get 1 free was Kmart 8... I'm not expecting the same sale for Kmart 9... but would gladly take it... I plan to drive over 200 miles that day to stop at multiple Kmart stores and will be gone from home at least 10 hours.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

i seriously doubt we will see Rip...but a guy can dream LOL.

I raelly do hope that they have the 6 for 5 deal as well for anyone out there shopping for others (like cac1959). Makes it a bit more worth it.

I really wish Kmart had stuck around in Canada so that these could have happened around here

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Arbara on Cars the Toys just posted some very sad news:

"Official case contents have not been sent out yet. However on Oct 10 a Florida Kmart put out Kmart 9 cars and from reports it appears that Mary Escocar and Victor Hugo with Party Hat were only one of each per case with a multitude 6 or more Lightning Mcqueens per case.
                  When I know more I will update this post."

Looks like K-Marts will be full of McQueens if this is true...

Comment

Kmarts are full of McQueens already. Unless this KM she's referencing doesn't have KDay 8 cars lef it's impossible to tell which ones are old and which are new.

Comment

Pre-sale link is now live

The pre-sale link is now live:

http://www.kmart.com/mattel-cars-2-k...adCell=W4#desc

The cost of the case is $95.76 (plus tax) with free standard shipping in the US.
                      I used the code Kmart5off50 to save $5.00 off the price of the case.

I also redeemed points that I had accumulated.

I placed my order with no problems.

The pre-sale is only available in the US.

The link mentions that there are 5 new entries in the silver racer series... but if one of them is the same McQueen from Kmart 8 then that is incorrect.

P.S. - As GOMATERGO said in a post that follows, use a credit card to pay for your pre-sale order... Many people have had PayPal orders canceled in the past; there's evidently a limit as to how many days PayPal will hold an order from Kmart, and a week is longer than that limit.

P.S. #2: - it appears that the case contents as reported by one eBay seller are 2 each of Mary Esgicar and Alexander Hugo, and 4 each of McQueen, Max, Miguel, Nigel, and Lewis.

Comment

that is very interesting new cac. 5 new entries to the line...so that must mean it's either a new mcqueen...or just wrong info lol

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Thanks for the link Chris....got one order and used a credit card this time since kmart.com and the use of using a PayPal account do not seem to mix!!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Good news - a few people have received their pre-sale cases... I just received an e-mail that mine has shipped...
                            It had been posted that the case contents were:
                            2 each of Alexander Hugo with Party Hat and Mary Esgocar
                            4 each of Lightning McQueen, Max Schnell, Lewis Hamilton, Nigel Gearsley, and Miguel Camino.

Bad news - the actual case contents have turned out to be:
                            2 each of Alexander Hugo with Party Hat, Mary Esgocar, and Lewis Hamilton
                            4 each of Max Schnell and Nigel Gearsley
                            5 each of Miguel Camino and Lightning McQueen - and the Lightning McQueen is exactly the same as the Kmart 8 Lightning McQueen.

I'll report what I see at a store tomorrow.

Comment

that is both good and bad news.

I am extrememly happy to see that both Mary and Alexander are getting 2 a piece instead of the rumoured 1 each per case.

For those looking to snag up the rest of the silver series...the lewis hamilton at 2 piece per case is kinda scary...it will be hoarded and sold at ridiculous prices on ebay.

The least they could have done with LMQ was maybe make a silver deco of the HHPC version of him. Not a WGP racer model...but at least a different model. And definetly not 5 of him needed

Transformers for Trade

Comment

good luck cac1959 on hunthing them down!

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
                                that is both good and bad news.

I am extrememly happy to see that both Mary and Alexander are getting 2 a piece instead of the rumoured 1 each per case.

For those looking to snag up the rest of the silver series...the lewis hamilton at 2 piece per case is kinda scary...it will be hoarded and sold at ridiculous prices on ebay.

The least they could have done with LMQ was maybe make a silver deco of the HHPC version of him. Not a WGP racer model...but at least a different model. And definetly not 5 of him needed
                                The initial week will be very crazy. The price will be lowered on the subsequent week.
                                But don't wait too long until the price starts to go crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X