Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone care to explain? (ebay auction I noticed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone care to explain? (ebay auction I noticed)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Disney-Pixar-...#ht_500wt_1362

Can anyone explain to me why in the world this seller is asking for $200 for this Professor Z?

It says mint on porto corso card, which seems to be the only card I have seen this guy on. Both in stores and on ebay (including the one I bought last night). The colours seem to be spot on, the monocle is on the left eye, like all the others I have seen. #6 Professor Z, like all the others.

I'm just confused lol

(are these types of posts ok? didn't post in the ebay section as it is not my own auction)

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Seller is a member of several Cars forums... I can't see a logical reason for the selling price... You can log into eBay and check on completed auctions to see what items have sold for.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I think it may be a typo as none of his other singles, unless obviously rare are priced like that.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

I don't know the member by EBay name but with $25.25 for shipping I'd say he's just off his nut IMO.

Comment

I noticed the shipping cost as well..and thats definelty not a typo. All his sales are like that. Either he goes completely overboard on packaging...or he's pocketing a nice profit on that

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Yup, just a general ripoff

Comment

I can't wait to see if some sucker actually ends up buying one... I can go to my Walmart right now and buy one for $3.97... Some people even found him for $0.99.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
                I can't wait to see if some sucker actually ends up buying one... I can go to my Walmart right now and buy one for $3.97... Some people even found him for $0.99.
                I wish they were that cheap here. I payed $7.59 here (taxes included) for Z. Cheaper then most of what i see on ebay for him though (ebay.ca)

Transformers for Trade

Comment

everyone could put any price they like
                  whether someone pay for it is another story..

many stuff on ebay is overpriced!

Comment

it amazes me the wide range of prices on ebay - i was just looking at the 6 kmart silver racers and one seller in italy has them listed for £142.80 (+23.82 p&p) against a us seller at £28.30 (+£11.30 p&p) - now if I decide to buy them i wonder who i'll go with

it is not hard to do a bit of research before deciding on a buy it now price

and don't get me started on the inability of a number of sellers to take an in focus picture of the item - this problem does seem to affect cars sellers in particular as several sellers appear to have cameras that only focus on the background

Comment

It really amazed me on how the Ebay economic works..
                      I know some people get from china and sell in europe/us
                      They still make $$$

Comment

I know the seller of this - he's a good member on the CTT board. I'll ask him what's up.

Comment

Popemobile's post on CTT alerted me to this thread.

That is my listing, and the obvious typo has been fixed.

As for shipping, that $25.25 quote is Priority Mail to Canada.

If anyone has any additional questions, please contact me directly at JohnJurgovan @ aol.com (remove the spaces).

Comment

I buy from the US all the time and Im in the UK but please tell me why it costs $25.25 to ship this. Is it enclosed inside a brick so it don't get damaged. To send one car from the UK insured to the US packed well would cost about £10 ($17) and thats packed well and our shipping costs here are extortionate but US shipping is not that expensive so it can only be going in your pocket. Unfortunately overpriced shipping puts buyers off. I know coz Im a seller and a buyer and no one wants to pay for something they are not getting. Maybe a review of your shipping costs would increase sales.

Comment

There was a three-week stretch in late 2010 / early 2011 where I had five PayPal chargebacks totalling almost $300 for First Class International shipments that the Buyers claimed never made it to their destinations.

I learned the hard way that the United States Postal Service was fooling all of us with those little tracking numbers on the First Class customs forms -- THEY WEREN'T TRACKING THEM AT ALL!

So not only was I out the cost of the postage, but the original item's cost and my exhorbitant eBay & PayPal fees as well. And eBay and PayPal both denied any of my appeals since I could not provide proof of tracking.

So now my listings are geared to International buyers who wish to buy in bulk from me, or to those who don't mind paying a lot to ship a rare and/or expensive item.

By the way, a single Professor Z would run about $36 to the UK, so $25 to Canada is nothing!

Comment

Working...
                              X