Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know which cars are collectable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know which cars are collectable?

I'm not actually buying these cars as a "collector", I'm trying to find one of every car for my son to play with. However, how do I know if something I have is collectable? It may cause me to re-think what I buy - perhaps buy 2 of each? But I've already spent a TON on these & not so sure I want to spend even more than what I plan to (to get the cars i need).

Are some of these characters going to be worth more in a few years?

hindsight is something we do not possess unfortunately,and is very difficult to say what will be worth money in years to come.

Comment

I agree with djjd21... it's hard to say... Items that were limited in production might be considered collectable toys... That includes El Materdor, Chuck Choke Cables, Brian Parks Motors, the Super Chase Cars... We might also consider Cars that are long since out of production to be more collectable - that includes the Desert Back Cars, Supercharged Cars, any instance of Lizzie... store exclusive items such as the Metallic Paint Cars (that may have a tendency to suffer paint chips), the Kmart Silver Series Racers and rubber tire racers... the exclusive Car in a 2 pack, 3 pack, 4 pack, 5 pack, 7 pack, or 10 pack.

When I first started I bought one for me to keep carded, one for me to display, and one for my grandson to play with... for awhile, I was then buying one for each of my 3 grandchildren... but they've outgrown Cars now... it's just me... and I'm down to 2 of most items.

I'm not buying any Cars as an investment... I buy them because I enjoy them and even though it's frustrating to not find new stock due to Mattel case assortments and distribution, it's still fun... I enjoy looking at my opened Cars in display cases... I enjoy taking pictures of Cars and writing articles... I enjoy talking Cars with others.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
      X