The Return of Cars - more!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Return of Cars - more!

If you missed out on some of the original Cars, it looks like there are going to be some in mainline singles cases available to multiple retailers...

Met posted about this recently on TakeFiveADay:
    http://www.takefiveaday.com/2012/09/...-so-exclusive/

I'd also heard from a retailer that this was a possibility... when I hear more I'll pass along the information... not sure yet about cardback or case assortments... and it doesn't list Lizzie at this point in time either... it appears to be a lot of the ones left over from the Final Lap and Race O Rama days...

Met also has mentioned that some of the Cars2 items are going to be re-released... most interesting to me on that list are that Mama and Uncle Topolino and Security Finn (from very hard to find Movie Moments) and Mater the Bomb (from the London Chase TRU 5 pack) are scheduled as singles.

We'll see what the future brings... it looks like it could be a "do over" with the Cars2 line... I might buy the above Cars2 items that were not singles before, but I'm not going to be buying singles I already have unless it's a part of a case to get a Super Chase... And while I'm happy that others may be able to buy Cars they didn't get a chance to buy before, I'm not going to buy all the Cars that I already have on another cardback...

I have a complete set of Desert Back 12 and Desert Back 16 singles (but not all variations of Fillmore/Filmore on the back)... I thought I might go back and pick up a complete set of Supercharged singles, but talked myself out of that... If I have Lightning Ramone as a single on WOC International cardback that's all the Lightning Ramone I need... same goes for Final Lap Vern... But Dexter Hoover with Checkered Flag? I'll look for that.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

So the "exclusive vehicles" are only exclusive at time of printing.

Still, for me the fact they're going to be released as singles is good as I've not bought the multi-packs for these...

Mattel may finally be doing something for the benefit of the collector

Comment

Good news on Dexter Hoover
      The exclusive from Mattel seems like a bullxxxx! I agree it only valids for the time it is printing.
      I just read that on t5... You the bomb mater, mama topolino these are all going to be appearing on the singles.
      Marketing Gimmick ...

Comment

I'm glad that they are rereleasing Donna, Dexter, Johnathan, and McQueen w/ Cone again, as well as pretty much all of the Cars 1 Singles. Cars 2 just never got off to a good start, which is sad because it seemed so promising for new frequent releases.

I really hope 2013 turns out to be a better year than 2012 was.

Comment

Yeah - the Cars 1 re-releases look good. There's 6 cars on there I don't have plus I'd also like a Dexter Hoover with chequered flag (don't have that flag)

I don't see the big deal abotu Marlon being re-released. I really liek the look and finish on that car - looks great and it never really hug around ont he pegs over here

Comment

I will get a Marlon. Never got the Final Lap version because I already had the lenty.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

This sounds good very good.. though Luigi and guido is hard for me to track down

Comment

Its a shame but I really dont see a lot of legs left in the lines for a collector. I think disney cars will allways be around though as a collector I feel times are changing and there are less and less within the waves to want to collect. I found the night sky, WOC clip trips, Toon and final lap era really great for a collector in the UK... now we have Cars 2, Take Flight (not yet released in the UK) & RSC (not yet released in the UK) with lots within the waves that have previously been released. It was good while it lasted but nothing is ever forever.

This will be really great news for new mainstream buyers and collectors and will allow them to buy cars that have been rare to find for around 18 months...
                Last edited by madbob; 09-05-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Interesting comments, madbob... and I think you're right... those of us who have been collecting for several years appear to have most of the Cars that have been released... I'm really not buying Cars just because they're on a new cardback... Really, I'm not... I did buy a set of the first 8 Radiator Springs Classic singles, but my future intention is to only buy ones that haven't been released as singles with plastic tires (Flo, racers) and those I really like (Sheriff, Mater, Sally, Dexter with Checkered Flag) that I may or may not have carded; I have Sheriff on every cardback (fixed eyes)... and as far as re-releases of Cars2 items, I'm only going to buy on new cardback those that I really like such as racers (if they are now one piece design) and those that came from multipacks that are now singles.

I'm only buying myself one of each Take Flight Deluxe - I'll take photos of the carded item and then open them up for either display or play... my days of buying myself 3 to 5 of each are done... I'll keep Chase Cars carded and open as well (haven't opened any Super Chase or Prince Wheeliam yet)... While I have a complete set of the carded released singles so far (not counting Kabuto) that I've found in stores or bought from JMDL, I'm not buying as many Cars as there haven't been Cars to buy and I'm losing a little interest... Will I fully continue with Cars 2? I'm undecided.

Again, for those who are just now getting in... those who started with Cars 2 and now want to go back and buy Cars from the first movie, this is great news... but for long time collectors (I guess 5 years is now a long time, lol), there's not as much coming out to buy.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

When my kids lose interest in Cars, I will consider our collection complete. Luckily my daughter is a big fan now so we will be collecting for a little bit longer.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

And there's more news in the return of Cars... potentially new Cars and variants:

McQueen with leaves
                      Mildred Bylane
                      Tunerz with flames (Boost, DJ, Wingo, and Snot Rod) - the Tunerz have always been popular... these will be too.

Thanks, Met, for the write up... you can read more and see photos at:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2012/09/...oming-in-2013/

Comment

That is delightful and i hope it won't be like 2012 all over again...
                        We keep seeing news what is coming but the cars never turn out

Comment

i can't help viewing every new car i read about as another one i will never actually see in a shop

Comment

I'm digging snot rod hehe

Comment

Working...
                            X