Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cars I'm about to free from their plastic prisons...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it will kill the value (probablly) to unbox these cars, but it is is very nice to have them in your own hands. It is so much more fun (in my point of view) to have them loose, you can touch, roll, admire and play with them. And of course, it is much easier to open these amazing cars if you got another set that you can keep mint and boxed .

Comment

• Originally posted by keonisdad View Post
      it will kill the value (probablly) to unbox these cars, but it is is very nice to have them in your own hands. It is so much more fun (in my point of view) to have them loose, you can touch, roll, admire and play with them. And of course, it is much easier to open these amazing cars if you got another set that you can keep mint and boxed .
      Well said, keonisdad... It's also much easier to photograph the Cars when they are opened... I try not to open a Car until I have a second one, but that's not always possible... I opened my first Nature Drive McQueen because the card was creased - I knew that up front and I was OK with that... and then it turned out to be an error or a variant version missing the Rusteze logo on the spoiler.

I wanted 2 of the D23 Convoy Brothers sets, but couldn't justify the expense of buying 2 when there were so many other new Cars coming out... I don't see myself opening the package to take individual photos of the loose K I N G RVs... mine will probably go back in the Dinoco box soon.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• i can hear you Chris, i have only one set of the Convoy Brothers and as long as i could not grab another one, they will stay in their plastic prison, what a pitty. Maybe someday i will free them. I have opened the Motorama girls and Bubba without an extra in my collection that was a tough decision for me, but i feel privileged to hold them in my hands whenever i want. There are so many fantastic pictures of the Convoy Brothers on T5AD, that i can live with my decision to keep them mint in their box for a while. But i cannot guarantee that forever and a day, lol.

Comment

• a lot of great pics of opened cars Chris and Markus
          I have 2 convoy brothers and I have not brought myself to take one out of the plastic prison yet, not sure I ever will
          one is still sealed in the dinoco oil box

Comment

• Man Markus! Very nice, ranks for sharing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
            Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

• Keonisdad, thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures. I have all of those,and I am an opener ... but they are some of the very few I have NEVER opened ... just cannot bring myself to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
                Keonisdad, thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures. I have all of those,and I am an opener ... but they are some of the very few I have NEVER opened ... just cannot bring myself to do it.

it is much easier if you are able to sideline the value of a mint in box car. The reward to enjoy these cars with all your senses is worth it. From my point of view the happiness to touch and play with such very special cars is priceless. Just my 2 Cents.
                Give it a try and maybe you will know what i am talking about, lol. I know that it will cost you quite an effort to do it and it is easier said than done, but you will find a happy smile in your face after the damage is done hahaha.

Comment

• I received several great Cars from 2 friends yesterday... I fell asleep on the couch when I got home from bowling last night and didn't open the packages until this morning... this is the only one that I've opened so far - while I'd rather stay home and open more of them, I need to go to work... TRU Raoul Caroule with Metallic Finish:

And as Markus said, I enjoy Cars more when I can hold them and look at them without the plastic prisons... plus we get better photos to post on the website and our Facebook page.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Chris, where'd you get those cool collector's cases?
                    -Steve
                    AKA Tmremote

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmremote View Post
                      Chris, where'd you get those cool collector's cases?
                      I believe he gets them at Hobby Lobby

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmremote View Post
                        Chris, where'd you get those cool collector's cases?
                        Yes, as carsloversaid, I get those display cases (in the store) at Hobby Lobby... here's the item number:

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/...e-pack-782987/

Mater Cars do not fit; Boost with Flames is too long... The King is too long.

Others have used these M2 display cases - Mater and longer Cars do fit:
                        http://www.collectablediecast.com/M2...ck_p_8169.html

Some Walmart stores used to have the M2 display cases.

Comment

• The kids aren't really into Cars much lately, so why not open some Cars and have some fun myself?

Been looking forward to Mildred for quite some time.

She is a really heavy diecast and she should look good with the rest of the RS gang in the display case. For right now, she can hang out at Flo's.

I don't really have a spot for her right now...

She can hang out in the fanstands until I figure out where to put her.

I've really wanted to open these guys too.

I wanted to put them out in front of Casa Della Tires, but it seems kind of crowded.

Plenty of room on the roof to jam though.

I was worried about finding her, but lucked out yesterday.

Cool that I got her today.

Yokoza can hang out with Manji and...

...the rest of the girls and catch a street race!
                          I guess that's enough for tonight. I'll save the rest for another day.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• I like the band on the roof bobbyjack

Comment

• Originally posted by carslover View Post
                              I like the band on the roof bobbyjack
                              Ha, second that.

Comment

• Awesome openers Bobbyjack. Hopefully we will add those to our collection one day.

Love all your tuners

Comment

Working...
                                X