backdoor ebay cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backdoor ebay cars

i've just been on a now rare ebay browse to see what is about and noticed that a number of future cars are appearing via hong kong sellers which i guess have fallen into their hands via the backdoor

these include otis, eric laneley, alex vandel, suki, nick cartone, austin littleton, holley with screen, sir harley gassup, chancey fares

now the prices these go seem incredible to me - all the above went for £40+ and the last one £75

i'm not naive enough to dispute that anything is only worth what someone will pay for it but out of interest does anyone on here pay these prices to get a car early? (or, i suppose, if you are (understandably) cynical get a car that you may never have a chance to buy in a shop)

When money is not an issue and you are tired of hunting i think this is the best way for you to get your Cars.
    Some people might have the intention to boast? Who knows.. I GOT THE MOST COMPLETE COLLECTION IN THE WORLD.
    I would pay high price to get some of the cars like Ultimate Chase because those are cars that will never show up at my shop.
    Cars like Austin Littleton from 4 pack? I would consider to get it if the price is right because it will be cheaper to get a backdoor than getting the 4 pack from Ebay.
    Some of the sellers is charging you an arm and leg for a 4 pack. Look at the Metallic Mater Hawk and McQueen Hawk...
    The rest of the singles are easy pass for me... I do not see them having any value beyond 20GBP unless they are some never released item from Cars 1.
    However, we don't know what Mattel will do... HAHAHA! Maybe the FEAR / Rumour are factors that these people pay incredible $$$ to get the Cars
    Last edited by wintermelon; 09-24-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Good question... Good comments... I know I've paid more for several Cars in my collection, but without a local Target or Toys R US, I do what I can to get what I can.

There have been several items that have only been released in other countries... Also, distribution leaves a lot to be desired... Unlike movies, which come out in all stores the same day, I've learned I may or may not see something at a store... I've bought 2 Cars in stores in my county in the last 3 months.

I see all these new Cars that I want... I'll do what I can to add them to my collection.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

what weve got to remember is that this stuff is far eastern, mass produced and for wee kids, I will hopefully never pay over the odds, try to limit my spending and hopefully see the range as something that is nice to have and thats really about it, i,m sick of people making big money out of others, rant over

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/sch/georgeroadap...&_trksid=p3686

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
            what weve got to remember is that this stuff is far eastern, mass produced and for wee kids, I will hopefully never pay over the odds, try to limit my spending and hopefully see the range as something that is nice to have and thats really about it, i,m sick of people making big money out of others, rant over
            why didn't Ebay put a plug on these?

Comment

Very interesting thread. I find it hard to dish out high amounts of money for molds that will (read: should) get a mass released.

I have no qualms spending $50-$60 for the super chase as (like someone mentioend) there is just about zero chance these wll be released around here.

Most I would pay for a car that is not a super chase is probalby $20 for a chase, although I think I will have trouble finding Kabuto and Wheeliam for that amount.

The ONLY exception to the above rule would be if the car in question was the last one I needed to complete the set.

Also, on a side note, on top of what I said above, I would find it really hard to spend that much money on a single car to have my son chip the paint. After all, it is HIS collection. (cept for the super chase, those would be mine LOL)

Transformers for Trade
              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

is this seller a site member?

Comment

Originally posted by jonj View Post
                  is this seller a site member?
                  I think it is...lovemini possibly?

Also...if you take look at his auction for Mary Esgocar (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pixar...item2ec20ced9d), if I'm not mistaken, you can see the full set of 5 Super Chases (Vitaly Petrov, Flash, Long Ge, Frosty and Rojas). I can't express in very many civilized words how jealous I am of those lol
                  Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 09-25-2012, 07:23 PM.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
                    Very interesting thread. I find it hard to dish out high amounts of money for molds that will (read: should) get a mass released.

I have no qualms spending $50-$60 for the super chase as (like someone mentioend) there is just about zero chance these wll be released around here.

Most I would pay for a car that is not a super chase is probalby $20 for a chase, although I think I will have trouble finding Kabuto and Wheeliam for that amount.

The ONLY exception to the above rule would be if the car in question was the last one I needed to complete the set.

Also, on a side note, on top of what I said above, I would find it really hard to spend that much money on a single car to have my son chip the paint. After all, it is HIS collection. (cept for the super chase, those would be mine LOL)
                    i agree with all of this

it also makes me wonder what the point of chase cars is - i can't see how they generate more sales for mattel but just benefit those lucky enough to find them (either legally or not) via ebay

Comment

first off u can get bd stuff via hk sellers and not buying off ebay , but for the last few months, bd stuff has gone crazy money , not just ebay. min for a bd car i haveen seen has been $30-$40. its funny, sometimes the sellers have only few of them , thats why they sell for so high.when i can get a ok deal on stuff, i buy, its not to have it first. i think having first is nothing wrong but i dont care to be first . i guess some care, i dont understand. the people that buy them first from hk on ebay are not people with kids imo. they are collectors that like cars loose.

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
                        I think it is...lovemini possibly?

Also...if you take look at his auction for Mary Esgocar (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pixar...item2ec20ced9d), if I'm not mistaken, you can see the full set of 5 Super Chases (Vitaly Petrov, Flash, Long Ge, Frosty and Rojas). I can't express in very many civilized words how jealous I am of those lol
                        I always thought georgeroadapple wasn't Lovemini, but that Mary Escogar pic does show his five Super Chases in the background

Comment

This is an interesting thread. Let's just make sure we don't pass any judgement on what a board member does or does not do outside of PCD.
                          Many on this and other cars boards make a living selling Disney Cars on eBay.
                          Cars from eBay serve a purpose; first is gives us all a glimpse of what hopefully will be released in the stores, second it gives us al hope that the line is continuing and third for those who got into collecting late allows the opportunity to buy older loose cars cheaper than trying to locate via trade/sale on the boards.
                          There is some truth to an earlier post, that some collectors like to 'have it first'; so they do not mind paying the premium price.
                          I have bought many cars off eBay; mainly because I did not want to buy an entire set for one car at TRU, and also it was the only way to get some of the rarer cars loose.
                          I once paid $25 to get a Finn McMissle 6 months before they were in stores; now I could find him for $3...lol

Comment

I have seen quite a few cars recently on ebay that are tempting me, Not necessarily Bckdoor releases. Not all are overpriced though. Most of the ones I'm interested in are the ransburg cars and the only one that is ridiculously expensive that I have noticed is the bluray mcqueen.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

i don't have any issues with people selling cars on ebay - i've done it and have probably bought at least half of my collection that way

i guess there is a slight question mark about obvious backdoor cars but as they are all out of my price range i don't have to test my conscience in deciding to buy them

Comment

Working...
                              X