rookie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rookie

bout ye rippers, how come me and, rusty for example have rookies beside our avatar, could you not change it to cars contributer, as I dont really like the term "rookie" as its a bit too american for me! (apologies in advance to our friends across the atlantic)

boogity

here, here roger... I wanna be a moderator no better still I gonna make my own forum, wanna invite chum

Comment

You guys in the Kingdom don't use the word "rookie"? What do you use in it's stead?

Comment

bout ye sodabear, you cracked me up when I read that, i,ve never heard of of the UK being called the kingdom before, nice one, heard of the kingdom of kerry and the kingdom of mourne, they are in the emarald isle.
        as for rookie, I always associate the word with indycar or nascar and its an american word, recently they have started using it in formula one and it sounds pretty naff in that context. Think we use the term "newby", "virgin", or the "new guy", but you know what , I,ve never actually heard it being used in everyday speech from one of my mates, etc

What does sodabear mean?, I know soda is used in some states for pop, but in Belfast me and ru5ty know soda as a type of bread you can have on your ulster fry in the morning, -you may need to google that!

Comment

Rookie = Peasant

Hey but we are Peasants of a Kingdom, LOL...

Comment

Looks like I am no longer a peasent.

Comment

Thanks boogity, I was pretty proud of that one myself. Think it has a chance of sticking?

About sodabear- it's nothing but an old band name, which is the result of two totally random words being stuck together. I wish it were more exciting. For the record though, I do love me some Dr. Pepper.

Comment

SodaBear- do they still make Dr Pepper?
                Have not seen that in Canada for years...
                Myabe instead of rookie it could be pitty, then graduate up to racer?

Comment

Jeez Louise. First Cars, now D.P....you guys don't get anything up north, huh? Yeah, it's still going strong down here.

I don't really mind being a Rookie, but then I am a Yank, so.....

Comment

And remember, a rookie tied for first in the Piston Cup series in the first movie... that's a good thing... I think there are a good number of great people on this site who are Cars contributers or addicts or... whatever comes at 100 posts...

Cheers!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Sodabear, I should send you some good local micro brew beer in exchange for a case of Dr Pepper
                      I think it must be 1-15 years since I had one...

Comment

Sounds great- although we have some pretty sweet local beers ourselves down here. I actually work at a brewpub. Are we allowed to send liquids by mail? I always thought that was a no-no.

Comment

It's only a no-no if you get caught!

Comment

Soda, I was going to hide the contraband beer in a hollowed out Barry Diesel...haha

Comment

Nice! That's an expensive hiding place though.....

Comment

Working...
                              X