Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your "unicorn" and how much would you pay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your "unicorn" and how much would you pay?

Hi everyone, your friendly neighbourhood DeceptiCog here with another 2 questions for all of you fine folks.

Let's define the term Unicorn. Going with the Gone in 60 Seconds definition (well close enough) a car that you absolutely love and want yet seem to be having difficulties finding/acquiring.

Out of all the cars released up to date, which one are you missing that you feel you absolutely need to get your hands on?

Yes, just 1 (one) car. Doesn't need to be anything rare or fancy. Just one you thoroughly love.

Which brings me to my 2nd question. How much would you be willing to dish out for it?

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Mostly just asking to make sure I haven't gone Cars crazy...although I think I have lol.

Im fairly new to the world of collecting Cars. I've been keeping my main focus on the cars 2 singles line. Occasionaly I've stepped on the other side of the line and bought other cars. Examples: Stu Bop, the metallic TRU air mater set, movie moments 2-packs.

As most of you know by now, I have a soft spot for the lemons so I'm trying to gather up all the ones that have been released. At this point only one eludes me.

My Unicorn is Fred Fisbowski (Fred Pacer), from the Wal-Mart exclusive Mater's Secret Mission 2-packs.

I have been seriously contemplating spending the $36 they want on ebay for him.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Is this the Fred that you are talking about

EDIT: to make sure the thing stay low!
      Last edited by wintermelon; 11-08-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

It absolutly is! On my watch list on ebay. Hope it stays nice and low lol

Thank you!

Transformers for Trade

Comment

I had unicorn on many cars that i wanted. Right now, nothing really left on my list.
          Will try to unicorn the SOTS set but i don't feel like spending that sort of $$$ because most of it is way overprice.

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
          It absolutly is! On my watch list on ebay. Hope it stays nice and low lol

Thank you!
          Is not hard to find the car in loose form. I have seen many.
          too bad sometimes i have problem on getting them.
          If not i could always help you

I removed the link! Good luck and hope to hear that you actual win it

Comment

at present mine is tamiko, im willing to pay around Ł15 or maybe a bit more depending if ive had a good or bad car month,

Comment

Mine was the Supercharged Meet at Flo's boxed set... I missed out on a Buy-it-Now on eBay 6 months or so ago for $89.99 plus shipping... less than 2 months ago I managed to get one for $60 shipped.

I'll have to think on this awhile... A carded Rip Clutchgoneski launcher is pretty high on my list... I don't have a few of the most recent Target exclusive boxed sets that feature 1 new Car at $30 or $50 plus tax and I've decided I'm not going to support Target at that price anymore - hopefully I can get those new Cars (David Hobbscapp, Union Jack Ramone, Captured Professor Z) loose.

I suppose a sealed 2006 Factory Set would probably be #1 on my list... originally $150 plus shipping, there were only 500 of them released and they were released before I became a serious (obsessed) Cars collector... $500 would be my maximum price and I know I won't get one at that price... and I'm OK with that.

@jonj - That 5 pack with Tamiko goes at TRU in the US for $22.99 plus tax which isn't too much higher than the price that you mentioned...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I am not familiar with that 2006 Factory Set you are speaking of cac1959. I will have to go google that lol

Keep the answers coming guys. I like hearing what it is that makes us all a little coocoo for coco puffs (err...I mean a little cars crazy)

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
                I had unicorn on many cars that i wanted. Right now, nothing really left on my list.
                Will try to unicorn the SOTS set but i don't feel like spending that sort of $$$ because most of it is way overprice.

Is not hard to find the car in loose form. I have seen many.
                too bad sometimes i have problem on getting them.
                If not i could always help you

I removed the link! Good luck and hope to hear that you actual win it
                Thanks again, I have never been lucky seeing him on ebay loose. Mostly just in the 2 pack with Holley for $26 + $10 shipping (more of less).
                If I don't end up with this one, I would gladly appreciate any help you can provide wintermelon. We will see what's up after this auction ends

Transformers for Trade

Comment

For me it has to be a carded El Materdor.
                  I'd be willing to pay Ł40-Ł50 for one but they seem to sell for a little more.
                  Last edited by pirelliboy; 11-08-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

holy! I just ebayed it...$500!!! That is crazy expensive!

That is a true Unicorn

Transformers for Trade

Comment

my unicorn is easy, john lasseter with surf board!!!!!! impossible to find......

Comment

Gold Ransburg "Team '09" factory custom McQueen for me.
                        Seen here: http://carsthetoys.yuku.com/sreply/1...e-s-collection

Comment

those are both very nice cars coolpapa and GotFrank. Those would be true unicorns for sure. In a air tight glass display case kinda collectible

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Rip!!!

But I only want to pay retail!!!

Comment

hmm..I seem to have had my mind elsewhere when I typed the phrase that Fred was the only lemon still eluding me. I still need Don Crumlin and Acer with helmet. I've seen these at mostly reasonable prices though.
                              Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 11-09-2012, 05:13 AM.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Working...
                              X