Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you keep track what you have and missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have this very strange memory and I came name right off the bat all the Cars I own. If one of my friends or relatives ask me what the name of a car is I can tell them the name without even thinking... Currently I am trying to memorize the official names of the 36 Racers from Cars 1. I can name a few so far... Chuck Armstrong (Mood Springs), Misti Motorkrass (Rev N Go), Lee Revkins (Transberry Juice), Winford Bradford Rutherford (RPM), Aiken Axler, Ruby "Easy" Oaks (Easy Idle), etc.

So I don't really need any spreadsheet or anything, but it's a bit of a challenge for me to name some of the Cars I don't own.

Comment

mines in me head!

however I do have a pretty comprehensive list for my ferrari collection, make, model,price, scale, where and when bought, plus each is numbered on the bottom of the car, think I put pen to paper in the early 90s, be lost without it

the only spreadsheet I use is to record my triathlon training, must have about 12 years data there, bit sad that, but quite useful

Comment

I used to keep track by excel sheet but I made a mistake that i did not log down the quantity of each character that i have :'(

Comment

Well, at least nobody here thinks I am nuts cause we are all collecting together even though most of the cars belong to our 6yrs old. And I really have to say: I never say a boy this age just having them in the peg or the display case and being that careful with a toy.

I do not have any lists to keep track about what we have or what we are missing. If I am not sure about it I just have to show a pic of the car to our 6 yrs old and he will tell me immediately if he has this car in his collection or not. And if he finds one he is missing mommy has to turn round and round until he has got it.

Comment

It's pretty easy for me to keep track.. I have a very good memory so I just remember cars I don't have. Like when I go to stores, I always will know to get a Fabrizio, Rip Clutchgoneski, Sir Harley Gassup, etc...

Comment

I thought I would resurrect this thread to get some more ideas. Here are examples of the 18 sheets I use to keep track of what I have and what I still want:

Comment

I went to this website and printed out each of the pages. Then, I checked off the cars I knew I had. Then, I looked in my collection and checked off all the cars I had. Whatever I don't have checked off, I don't have.
                http://bdd.worldofcars-forum.fr/
                Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

I just use Access...name, series, blah...it's pretty easy, really.
                  -Steve
                  AKA Tmremote

Comment

I just got by the Rarity list that I publish in the one of the forums here. And then error cars I buy are random and whatever is out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ksammut View Post
                      I went to this website and printed out each of the pages. Then, I checked off the cars I knew I had. Then, I looked in my collection and checked off all the cars I had. Whatever I don't have checked off, I don't have.
                      http://bdd.worldofcars-forum.fr/
                      My final lap and toons pages are from that website.

Comment

I use a list like this, use this as a template and please let me know if anything is missing

http://goo.gl/Wpfy4U

Comment

I gave up on lists..im way too lazy for it! so every so often i lay everything out and take pics and use that as my reference!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I am old fashioned and just use pen and paper. As I get a new car I add to the list. I do that with my hot wheels collection. I do, however now have a "wants" list so that I kinda know what I don't have and what I want to have. Thanks to all the up to date peeps on these forums I can see what is on the horizon. I guess you can say I have a good memory, but it gets hairy when there are varients and especially with the hot wheels.
                            May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

I use Google Keep (since I have an Android Phone) and setup a checklist for the 2013 cars. Just check them off as I buy them...

Comment

I just have separate Word files on my computer for CARS1, CARS2, and Toons/Misc groups and just list them on the file. I know immediately upon sight if I have a car or not so I just use the list as a reference. Any of my wants go onto a separate diecast "Wants" file. So, all-in-all, my CARS collection is organized, but I wish I could say the same about my Matchbox/Hot Wheels collection. There is much, much work to be done there!! Jody

Comment

Working...
                                X