Apple I car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple I car

Does anyone have a photo of a factory sealed pixar diecast car Apple I car? I'm considering of buying one. Also has anyone had problems with the synthetic tires version of any of the race cars balancing correctly? I bought one at the store did not like it cause the car did not balanced correctly. So I want to buy the rest of the race cars on the synthetic tires version, but I need more input on them. I have open up other packages and had no problem, so I hope that it was just a mis manufactured vehicle. Well your inputs are appreciated.

Jose (Frosty)
    Last edited by Frosty; 01-22-2013, 05:07 AM. Reason: Misspelled

As far as I know the Apple Icar was only released as part of the speedway of the south set.

Anything else is a backdoor version. It was never released as a single.

Here's a bit of reading for you from our very own awesome cac1959

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...-Apple-iCar-84

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Toywiz is selling an original factory plastic sealed Apple I car and it also says that we're only 1,000 made just like the Speedway of the south, so I'm confused if the single Apple I car was manufactured by itself and also the Speedway of the South by itself that would still carry the Apple I car and still claiming that there were only a thousand made for each one? And I would still like to know about the topic of the synthetic tires version.

Jose (Frosty)
      Last edited by Frosty; 01-22-2013, 12:53 AM. Reason: Misspelled

Comment

Yeah, a single on a card would be a custom and should be around $70.

Comment

Toywiz bought the Apple iCar (or the entire MSOTS set) from someone, held on to it, and is now trying to sell it for a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
            Toywiz bought the Apple iCar (or the entire MSOTS set) from someone, held on to it, and is now trying to sell it for a profit.
            That's what I'm thinking too, but again they're claiming that it comes with the original factory plastic sealed bag. So I needed more info towards the item, still anyone else can put their thoughts into this matter would be great and also on the synthetic tire version. Thanks!

Jose (Frosty)

Comment

Here's a picture of an Apple iCar #84 in its baggy:

The baggies that the Cars are in were not actually sealed... more like rolled up... they all seemed alike to me, like this one with Lil Torquey Pistons inside:

Back to Apple - the only officially released version was in the Speedway of the South set... there were some backdoor versions - many have back wheels that move in and out on the axles... I have both rubber tire and plastic tire customs as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                Here's a picture of an Apple iCar #84 in its baggy:

The baggies that the Cars are in were not actually sealed... more like rolled up... they all seemed alike to me, like this one with Lil Torquey Pistons inside:

Back to Apple - the only officially released version was in the Speedway of the South set... there were some backdoor versions - many have back wheels that move in and out on the axles... I have both rubber tire and plastic tire customs as well.
                That is probably how Toywiz is selling the Apple I car,not very appealing to me. I guess I either wait until Mattel puts out some of this race cars on the Radiator Spring version or spend lots of funds on the Speedway of the South box. I guess no one has a remark on the synthetic tires edition? Thanks again for taking the time.

Jose (Frosty)

Comment

Originally posted by carslover
                  the apple car has not been released with synthetic tires
                  i have a custom apple car with synthetic tires
                  all the other piston cup cars have been released with synthetic tires throught the kmart days of the past
                  the other people on these various sites do not think the apple car will every be released again due to apple having to approve of it.
                  john (carslover)
                  I know that the Apple I car was never release in the synthetic tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
                    Does anyone have a photo of a factory sealed pixar diecast car Apple I car? I'm considering of buying one. Also has anyone had problems with the synthetic tires version of any of the race cars balancing correctly? I bought one at the store did not like it cause the car did not balanced correctly. So I want to buy the rest of the race cars on the synthetic tires version, but I need more input on them. I have open up other packages and had no problem, so I hope that it was just a mis manufactured vehicle. Well your inputs are appreciated.

Jose (Frosty)
                    This is what I'm asking on the synthetic tire edition?

Jose (Frosty)

Comment

A good customizer can make a very good custom - most customs are designed to be displayed... Of my Apple customs (I have pittys, crew chief, and hauler as well as racers), only 1 was made by a customizer who still makes customs... I paid $65 shipped for an Apple custom with plastic tires from Custom ToyRevolution.

We do have some members who make customs... perhaps one of them will read this thread and contact you.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I have a custom Apple with rubber tires just to be displayed with the other Piston Cup race Cars which in my collection are a mix of plastic and rubber tires. If I ever bought a SOTS set, I would display that and play with the mixed collection. I personally wouldn't want to own a real apple without the rest of the SOTS set.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

All of the rubber tyre cars that I've opened have rolled and balanced fine...

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                            All of the rubber tyre cars that I've opened have rolled and balanced fine...
                            Thank you for your respond, that's what I wanted to know. It's hard for me to tell with my own personal collection of the other editions of pixar diecast cars since their still in there packages. I just happen to open this one up since I bought it for my son and did not like the way it was balanced on the ground. I also buy for my son on the other editions but never had an issue like that. I'm debating to buy the synthetic rubber tires edition for now. Thanks again!

Jose (Frosty)
                            Last edited by Frosty; 01-23-2013, 01:36 AM. Reason: Misspelled

Comment

Sorry I missed your question, Frosty... I've not noticed problems with rubber tire racers not balancing either... I've seen a couple plastic tire Cars (out of 1000+) that didn't balance properly - for the most part, they were Cars2 Cars.

One thing I like about the rubber tire racers is that they hold their grip on the Cars Charge Ups race track... I was disappointed in how the Charge Ups performed as far as racing Cars were concerned... but I've used my track for display purposes and staging photos... the plastic tire Cars drop to the inside of the track... the rubber tire racers hold position on the track.

Comment

Working...
                              X