Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Route 66 signs - which one would you buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Route 66 signs - which one would you buy?

Thanks to a call from GotFrank, I learned that Hobby Lobby has metal and wooden signs on sale this week for 50% off... that includes several Route 66 signs... I took pictures of 5 tonight - I'll share them here... which one would you buy?

#1: ($12.99 retail)

#2: ($9.99 retail)

#3: ($29.99 retail)

#4: ($14.99 retail)

#5 is actually a license plate sign: ($9.99 retail, I think)

Here's a photo of an actual Route 66 sign taken in Missouri in April 2012:

I'm sure everyone remembers that Radiator Springs in on Route 66...

If I buy one, the plan is to hang it on the wall... thanks in advance for your input...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

i would buy #1
    it is a clean design and classic sign as it would have been on route 66 in radiator springs
    i may get one myself
    Last edited by carslover; 02-01-2013, 03:49 AM.

Comment

1 for the same reasons carslover put up and #4 because its nice and colourful

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I like the 3rd one that resembles a street sign.

Comment

I bought #1 for $6.50 the other day!
          Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
            I bought #1 for $6.50 the other day!
            Love it.

Hey gotfrank
            where did you get the cars light/sign?
            i like your row of tractors

Comment

I really like #1 as well. Tbh - they all have their appeal for different reasons & I like them all but if I could only buy one I'd go with Option 1.

Comment

carslover it is a Disney Movie Rewards item. http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/rewards/cars-sign I was halfway to the points required. When they (DMR) dropped the required point's from 8,000 to like 1,500 as a Christmas promotion. I missed out on that opportunity and had been collecting points for the sole purpose of getting the sign. So missing out on it gutted me! But with the help of cac1959 and a trade I was able to get one off of EBay to the tune of around $120. And I spend my 4,000 points on other Cars items instead, poster set & a bobble McQueen. (My son also got an Agent P wall clock.)

Comment

i like #2

Comment

I like #1. Might have to go down to Hobby Lobby later today and pick one up.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

As GotFrank said, I helped him out with a Disney Movie Rewards (DMR) Cars sign... and I liked it so much that I bought one for myself... I've still not put it up on the wall... one of these days...

Thanks for the input on the signs.

I'm heading to the east side of town for lunch... I think I'm going to buy sign #1... #3 was $30 so it's $15 at half price... I like #2 as well but it's a little larger (was less expensive)... #4 reminds me of an old black and white movie that's been re-done in color... it's just not the same.

They also have some Route 66 coaster sets but I don't know if those are 1/2 price or not.

EDIT - I bought one #1 Route 66 sign during my lunch hour today.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                        carslover it is a Disney Movie Rewards item. http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/rewards/cars-sign I was halfway to the points required. When they (DMR) dropped the required point's from 8,000 to like 1,500 as a Christmas promotion. I missed out on that opportunity and had been collecting points for the sole purpose of getting the sign. So missing out on it gutted me! But with the help of cac1959 and a trade I was able to get one off of EBay to the tune of around $120. And I spend my 4,000 points on other Cars items instead, poster set & a bobble McQueen. (My son also got an Agent P wall clock.)
                        thanks for the info
                        its back up to 8000 points
                        by the time i can get that many they will probably be gone
                        i may have to try e-bay as well

Comment

I would buy #1, #2, AND #3!

Comment

I like number 3

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
                              I would buy #1, #2, AND #3!
                              I may go back and buy 2 and 3 today...

And I added the picture of the real Route 66 sign from Missouri for you, John.

Comment

Working...
                              X