Postal service updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal service updates

More updates about postal service... USPS raised their delivery rates on January 27. 2013... and in more news just posted on USA Today, they will no longer deliver First Class Mail on Saturdays starting August 5.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rdays/1895277/

I also understand from UK friends that UK Royal Mail postage rates recently increased.

What does this mean for us? We'll be paying more for Cars that we get from friends in other countries and other states.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

To be fair - i dont frequently post to the USA - but i sent pckage yesterday for topherdawg, and it cost me £3.60, I was actually pleasantly surprised by that. Here in the UK if you order a car off ebay from another UK seller it often costs that much for postage and that is within the same country!

Comment

I've noticed a huge difference in postal delays too. It's now taking 2-3 weeks for things to be delivered. Previously it was more like a week. This goes for both incoming & outgoing mail it seems.

Comment

I went to the post office to mail several packages within the US this morning... 2 were small - single Car shipments... I used First Class shipping and filled out delivery confirmation forms which I had at home... At the post office I was told delivery confirmation does not exist anymore... They now call the service USPS Tracking # and customer receipt - I asked if I could have new forms to take home and was told that service can only be done at the post office.

My first class packages with USPS Tracking number actually cost me less than it would have before the rate increases, as the tracking # is included in the price... A loose one Car package to Pennsylvania cost $2.58 with tracking #... a carded one Car package to California cost $2.92 with tracking number.

I'd sent PMs and e-mails with the DC#; I need to send them again with the USPS tracking number.

I also sent out 4 packages via Priority Mail - I pay postage online and receive a discount which I pass onto the person receiving the package... it's now called USPS tracking # on those forms as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

thats good info to know Chris

Comment

I don't think the postal speed is being affected.

Yesterday, I have 2 parcels arrived from USA.
            They were both sent on the 6th and arrived by 14th using First Class.
            I think this is rather quick

My other package that i received earlier this month took about 10-14 days to arrive and that is the standard.

However, the increment of postal fee surely have affected on how i collect Cars..
            I no longer could afford to buy a carded / loose car from a seller and get it shipped to me.
            The shipping is almost double of what it used to be.
            So is either i get many items from a seller/friend or i quit collecting cars..

I might consider to quit collecting cars if sourcing from USA is getting harder.

Comment

Working...
            X